SAU Community

Do you drive a manual or an automatic car?

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manual for me!!

Though drive my parents SS sometimes which is auto.. and thats still fun.. though i use the 'manual gear selection' insted, or power button:P hehe either of the two

I also noticed when heading in or out of corners it wasnt as good as manual, as its to hard to get the gears/rpm right. maybe it just takes lots and lots of practise

manual, i like the control factor. i once made the mistake of buying an auto silvia cos they were a lot cheaper than the manual version ...never again...

Manual. I think i'd fall asleep if i had to drive an auto. There just crap, full stop. They are for towing and hardcore drag racing, and double amputees.

Autos better for city driving? Nah, you guys are just slack. :mad: I love changing gears.

i have 2 32s both are autos, my wife car is getting converted to a manual.

but she doent have 2 drive on the m1 everyworking day . the auto mayb a little slower but a hi flowed turbo takes care of that

Manual here,

i had a auto in my r33 for around 9 months and it was good

but powering around corners at speed, and then it changes gear on ya, is abit annoying

and not knowin when its goin to kick ya out.

just got my r33 changed to manual and have noticed more responsiveness in the manual and gained power

auto 166.9rwkw on 10psi

manual 170.1rwkw on 8 psi and a slippin clutch so had more to go.

the slippage clutch problem has been solved for now.

also im moddin my car abit, and was tryin to find an ecu to suit the auto and the power im wantin

i couldnt find shit, unless i went for a piggyback or a safc or something like that

later on i might be replacing clutches and stuff, but whoopee doo, its more fun to drive

i have more control over the car, can whack it down a gear when i want

Only thing i loved about the auto is burnouts, and traffic driving, and being able to have a drink while driving haha !!!

I drive an auto R33.

If I had a choice I'd go manual (went auto for budget reasons) but auto is very relaxing to drive and to use the RB25DET power in traffic is just like an on/off switch.

The worst thing about getting an auto R33 is that aftermarket computers (eg PowerFC) don't accomodate for auto gearboxes.