SAU Community

I blew my turbo

Starionturbo

Ohh finally I have experienced 33 stock turbo shitness.

On a cruise today, grabbed for 3rd gear and bannnnnnnnnng.

turbo sounds like a jet, really bad. I think the bearings ****ed up big time, at least it didnt spit out the exhaust wheel!

Ohh well - anyone got any suggestions or have a upgrade for sale! Im looking for low mount, stock manifold internal gated replacement.

Yeah mite go for it but im after something like a GT2530 or even a High flow at the right price, can anyone point me in the right direction.

At the moment a High flow wud be good.

Regards

Kim

I have it set on 10, but usually, its gets a initial spike to 13 psi and drops, It somehow responds very quickly.

Its either now GT2530 or 2540 turbo.

Anyone got one for sale or know of one for or coming up for sale, please let me know.

Regards

Kim

I have it set on 10, but usually, its gets a initial spike to 13 psi and drops, It somehow responds very quickly.

Its either now GT2530 or 2540 turbo.

Anyone got one for sale or know of one for or coming up for sale, please let me know.

Regards

Kim

Id go the gcg highflow with a vg30 exhaust housing for sure. If I were going something from HKS a GTRS or a 2535

As above....

GTRS or a 2535.

Mind you i am having lots of fun with my hi-flow :)

Do you have aftermarket; ecu, injectors, fuel reg, pump, etc.? As i wouldn't even bother with a hi-flow if these aren't done first/same time.

HKS make good turbos, you never know how good the hi-flow will be until you have it, and even then you dont know how well it was done.

:werd:

thats why i'm upgrading my highflowed r34 turbo for a GTRS ASAP :rofl:

Money talks. If you have the extra cash to buy HKS, you will end up with a better quality built turbo, a turbo that has been engineered to acheive the power@ higher boost, and better reliability. Also the turbines in a hi-flow turbo can be too big for the housings, which can cause other issues, such as fluttering while making boost.

That's an interesting comment Al, why do you say that over a high flow?

your talking about brand new parts which is machined by gcg and balanced

how could they sell you something that isnt balanced or not fitted properly?

if it was a second hand bits or catridge or somethinf yeah ok could be issues

but not with a new bearing kits etc in it, dont see how?

i dont see how hks can make a better turbo when garrett make them in the first place

do you mean the combos avaiable and r and d they put in? you can always get whatever hks in garrett format, just gotta look around and ask the right people

anyway i dont really know what im talking about my clutch is angry and im still on stock turbo so who knows :confused:

anyway i dont really know what im talking about..........
no arguments there...........:wassup:

The argument of "HKS Vs Garret" was been discussed numerous times, so everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The term "Hybrid", by definition means; "thing composed of incongruous (mismatched) elements." Now how can you argue that the hybrid turbo can compare to a HKS turbo. The amount of $$$$$$$$'s, research and engineering will greatly out way any Hybrid.

As stated b4, I myself have bought a second hand GCG hybrid and am very happy with the power, but know that a HKS turbo is far more superior. The HKS may not make a mountain load more power, but is an overall better product.

guys

I would go for a Nice HKS or Trust or Apexi turbo ,but the MAIN thing that worries me is E P A!!

If I was back in Perth now, itd be getting HKS T04Z treatment, 50mm external gate, Motec, big fuel system, injectors and possibly even forged internals.

If I do this here, I will be raped by police again, I learnt my lesson on modified cars here, and Im defeinetly not gonna be pulling off shit evry time I get a EPA, we modify our cars to enjoy them, not to be looking over ur shoulder every time for a cop or worrying about someone dobbing you into the EPA.

I want simple stock looking high flow, bit more power and a newer reliable turbo.

keep the head shield on and there shouldnt be any reason u cant go a brand name turbo. assuming the shield still fits. i think it does with most of the 25, 28 series bolts ons