SAU Community

Hello from Japan...and a question about swapping

Just thought Id introduce myself. Im in the U.S. military stationed here in Okinawa Japan for the next 4 years. My name is Frank, been doing alot of homemade boost jobs so Im no newbie to boost/ or the auto industry. I just now own a skyline, and wanna make the most of it.

onto the question...

I just picked up a R33 Skyline for a meare $1,500USD. Pretty decent shape, the draw back is that its got the RB20 powerplant -non turbo:whackit:

Im courious if the RB20det will drop right in? I went through alot of threads on here, couldnt find a definate Yes/No anwser, or a write up, so Id thought Id ask. Is it just a engine swap/wire harness swap/ecu swap? I know the obvious, change the brakes, probably the rear end, my main question is, are the RB engines interchangable? any write ups?

-frank

i cant answer your questions sorry but why not go the rb25det? a rb20det in a r33 wouldnt be that special i wouldnt think. pay a little extra and get a heaps better engine

would the RB25det be just as easy to swap?

its it a one for one swap?

ive searched through alot of threads a few times to try to find the anwser to my question, and all i read was "search". well i searched, and the info isnt there.

-frank

my advice is don't bother with the engine swap. you are probably better off to tootle around in the NA skyline until the shaken is due, then chuck it and buy a GTST or GTR. you will be able to save some $$ in the meantime and it'll be worth it in the end.

thanks for the advice. by chance did you notice my screen name? I do everything as cheap as possible. a GTR is out of my budget. no questions asked.

a gtst might be within my reach money wise, but lets mess with the toy I have. I paid $1500 for it. if i put another grand into it, and be boosted, ill be happy.