SAU Community

Cruising and Walkie Talkies/ UHF...

akira

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're Crazy !!! I almost got killed on Berry St the other night now that you mention it ... it prolly had more to do with consumption of alchahol at the Greenwood prior, than the driving ability of the BMW :lol:

I've got the Uniden UH040XR (the $99 job from DSE) and it works fine. I decided to tune in this arvo on the way home from work, and got a strong signal (obviously from someone probably at home with a nice big aerial and good output) but couldn't hear the guy talking back to him. I was going down Church St in Nth Parra, right near DSE, as a matter of co-incidence.

Anyway, I've had it since just before the Central Coast meet (thru Terrigal, the Entrance, etc) back whenever, and it was pretty damned handy. I use it mostly when I'm heading up that way (F3 Northbound) to go and visit my cousin (blukie from SDU) who lives a bit past Lake Munmorah, and I think he uses it (he has one too) just about every other day on his way to and from work right near most of you Nth Sydney guys (and girls?)...

Speaking of batteries, I had some dodgy cheapo ones in there, and although I hardly use it (not much point in and around Parramatta), they're finally up for replacement.

• 4 years later...

corine, this thread is 5 years old... lol.

as for you mars, hardy har. but everyones a funny guy until I start whacking away with my ban stick :thumbsup: lol now that's funny! :rofl:

corine, this thread is 5 years old... lol.

as for you mars, hardy har. but everyones a funny guy until I start whacking away with my ban stick :thumbsup: lol now that's funny! :rofl:

I don't look at dates Mr...

*** ATTENTION ***

Please try and consider the attached channel allocations when picking channels to talk on. It bothers me slightly every time someone suggests chatting on channel 33, as 33 is a repeater channel for channel 3. If you're near the channel 3 repeater your conversation will be heard over a much wider distance than intended (and you won't benefit from the repeater, it'll simply annoy other CBers).

this has been a public service announcement because I am anal retentive.

UHF_CB_Channel_Allocation_Guide.doc

Jeez Marsss, you would have had to be using some seriously heavy duty earth moving equipment to dig up such an old thread... Did you discover any diamonds or dinosaurs while you were down there?

:)

as for you mars, hardy har. but everyones a funny guy until I start whacking away with my ban stick :) lol now that's funny! :domokun:

Now why would you ban me if there's information on here that is clearly of interest.. (whores swarmed to it)

Apart from this.. we can see old posting styles from the old schoolers or should i say... ex-whores who are now basically over it, and just watch...

so... i've recovered two important points..

Information

Entertainment

that..

is all.

where IS this lake Munmorah... we should cruise there.

its just south of lake macquarie, if we were going to do a cruise there u might aswell continue on to newcastle....

• 4 months later...
*** ATTENTION ***

Please try and consider the attached channel allocations when picking channels to talk on. It bothers me slightly every time someone suggests chatting on channel 33, as 33 is a repeater channel for channel 3. If you're near the channel 3 repeater your conversation will be heard over a much wider distance than intended (and you won't benefit from the repeater, it'll simply annoy other CBers).

this has been a public service announcement because I am anal retentive.

Sorry to bring this up again...

More info:

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_1265

There are specific channels in the two CB radio bands available for use in an emergency. These are channel 9 (27.065 MHz) in the HF band and channels 5/35 (476.525/477.275 MHz) in the UHF band.

These channels are designated for emergency messages only and, under the class licence, must not be used for other purposes