SAU Community

What do think about R 34 GT-T

Guest tkch55

i'm quite sure the r34 gtt is a bit heavier than the r33 gtst

but the shorter wheelbase and suspension geometry definitely makes the r34 a better handler

then again, once you start modding, it really depends on who's got the bigger cheque

same car...no

similar car...yes

first thing i noticed apart from obvious

is the cornering its more direct and a little

more nimble.

GTT 1,410kg (98, manual, coupe)

GTS25t 1,360kg (93,manual, coupe)

heavier but due to 19 extra kw has small

power to weight advantage.

Got one and love it!

R34 GTT is a good all round car... it's got both the sporty aspect as well as the nice posh look of a semi-luxury car.

As for power and handling, can't complain - but saying that, these things are changable on both cars.

Stock for stock - 34 anyday!

The R34 is definitely heavier than the R33..Besides the looks of it...IMO R34 looks better but in performance wise...i think both are the same. Maybe the R33 might even be faster due to the weight difference..

Clearly a few people are unsure of the difference between a R33 GTT and a R34 GTT. In one word - MASSIVE. The R34 has a much much better engine (both stock, and as a base to do up), better turbo, better steering (super HICAS), better brakes, better body, better interior, etc etc etc. If you can remotely afford the extra few K's, go for the R34.

Ian

The R34GTT is nice. The NEO engine with VVT-I is quicker too, I think. Interior is much nicer too.

Though, whether it is or isn't worth upgrading from a 33GTST to a 34GTT is still a tough decision.

Personally if I were upgrading from a 33GTST I'd go for something a bit different, maybe the tried and true RZ TT 6Sp Supra or something not so everyday like a DC2 Type-R.

If you do go the GTT (which would still be a great car to own anyway), be careful how you mod it. GTTs can look absolutely horrid - like anorexic 34GTRs - with the wrong mods.

i have a 34gtt. Absolutely fantastic car!!!. However, my brother has a 1997 gtst that has been modded to the max. suspension, bigger turbo, brakes, major head work, greddy plenum, drag intercooler etc. His car for roughly the same money as a bone stock 34 is a far superior car. 33's are still phat either way you look at it. I cannot even begin to keep up with him on the freeway or in the hills.

So all in all i would say apart from the looks they are fairly similar and both fantastic platforms to modify or keep in stock trim and use as an everyday car.

I think the decision really rests on whether you want to have a racer or an everyday car.

The 34 is more unique there are less around and in close to stock trim say with an exhaust and fmic and filter go fairly hard really (good for an everyday car). But If you are a mad man like my brother :( and have the need for speed, for the same money as a 34 you can have a absolutely mental 33 which not much would keep up with straight line or in the hills.

..The 34 is more unique there are less around and in close to stock trim say with an exhaust and fmic and filter go fairly hard really (good for an everyday car).  But If you are a mad man like my brother :) and have the need for speed, for the same money as a 34 you can have a absolutely mental 33 which not much would keep up with straight line or in the hills.

Though if that is really what you are after (ie bang), get a R32 GTR and do it up :-) That's not a negative comment for the R34 (I have one and like it a lot) but if you are on a limited budget, and just want 'bang', an R32 GTR is your cheapest way of doing it..

I've owned 32's, 33's, and 34's (helped that I lived in tokyo for a while ;) ) and think the two best cars (excluding the R34 GTR which is still too expensive) are the R32GTR and the R34 GTT, for different reasons/purposes/costs..

Ian