SAU Community

red flash speed camera?

ramjet

F#!@.. i think i just got caught speeding down south st .. dumb think to do i know....

The flash was a red one, which i have never seen before. it was night so i didnt c the camera just a flash... i hope it was just some kid with a laser pointer...

does anyone know if there are speed traps operating that use a red flash (possibly only at night)?

nooo i dont wanna lose my lisence.. wots the speed limit on sth st.. im a bit panicked atm.

speed cameras have been using red flashes for quite some time now at night.

I think this was done so that the bright white light cant be reflected off of the number plates making them hard or impossible to read?

F#!@.. i think i just got caught speeding down south st .. dumb think to do i know....  

The flash was a red one, which i have never seen before. it was night so i didnt c the camera just a flash... i hope it was just some kid with a laser pointer...

does anyone know if there are speed traps operating that use a red flash (possibly  only at night)?

nooo i dont wanna lose my lisence.. wots the speed limit on sth st.. im a bit panicked atm.

The part I usually travel from Kardinya to Canning Vale is 70km/h. Couple of times I have seen coppers staking out next to Caltex Station(Opp murdoch uni).

i got caught on the east side of the fwy (other side of murdoch).. just b4 the bullcreeek shops ... i havent been caught in a long time .. hence i didnt know about the red flash.... ahh well.. guess i better prepare to face the music

i got caught on the east side of the fwy (other side of murdoch).. just b4 the bullcreeek shops ... i havent been caught in a long time .. hence i didnt know about the red flash.... ahh well.. guess i better prepare to face the music

I thought speed traps were rare along South Street..guess i'm wrong. At night it's seems just like a nice road to go abit faster....

What rock are you guys living under??

As far as i knew multinova's always had red flashes at night, well they have for at least 3 years or more.

the multiple 70km/h limit signs on south street, are enforced fairly regularly as its next to murdoch cop shop.

Buy a radar detector mines very handy.

140 *anywhere* in WA will result in a decent sized fine and license suspension, but double the speed limit might hurt..

i know of someone who got done for 170 on the freeway (100 part), got a $500 fine and 6 months.

yeah as far as i can remember its been red at night and white in day....

when you get the fine what you can do is go check the photo to see if it was you...

doesnt do much but its kind of fun seeing yourself or the car...

Do radar detectors pick up multinovas?

They do, most times very well too! But sometimes your reaction has to be quick as you could have alot of traffic round you and it goes off as you pass them or when your detector catches a bit of the signal.

Mine also tells me when there are emergency vehicles round and road works!

*knocks wood* I've paid mine off many times now! Saved we heaps, specially with laser!

speed cameras have been using red flashes for quite some time now at night.

I think this was done so that the bright white light cant be reflected off of the number plates making them hard or impossible to read?

I think it is also done so that you aren't blinded by a white light and have a crash and then blame the police for the accident.

I think it is also done so that you aren't blinded by a white light and have a crash and then blame the police for the accident.

Yep, Red is better for teh eyes, I know after having a photo taken my eyes need to recover :D

i'll give you some facts so you know whats coming coz its happened to me...

45+ over the limit is recklace/dangerous driving

i got done for 180+ in a 100 zone (camera) and got pulled into the cop station about 7 months later and filled out the thing about the mods on my car and the time of day and the weather and the condition of the road and whether it was night or day and all the stuff and whether i had done driver training coarses and all the stuff and i filled it out accordingly and they decided that i should only get done for speeding 6 points and 350 bux.... if your on Ps be prepared not to get this happen as you will just get a court summons... as for letting me fill out something that let me explain the situation... and i explained that i realised it was the most stupid thing i had done and all the that which got me off... i dont know whether it happens anymore... as my other couple of mates it has happened to just got court summons's but they were on P's.

yeh red is wat they use at nite

south street is 70 most of the way then 60 down near freo

there is ALWAYS a speed camera on south street just up from Karel Ave exit i should no coz i passed that way everyday to work so youd have to be stupid to think they wouldnt put speed cameras on south st especially seeing as they can make so much money from ppl going 80 instead of 70