SAU Community

Boost Levels For A 33 GTS-T???

ummm stock boost levels are all the same... they dont vary unless the boost has been uped from factory, its not like nissan said... yeah k this one can have 7psi and that one can have 8... lol.

and yeah 12psi is the max the stock turbo can handle before it goes boom i was told, even with an fmic and such they recommend not taking the factory turbo past 12psi.

JaR - When will you start to modify your car? Are you still running the factory boost solenoid? You are aware of how to remove the 2 stage boost from factory? That mod was a goodie... :)

as soon as i get it back ( its gettin re-sprayed at the moment ). umm nah lol, but wasnt there a tutorial on here about how to do that??? had pics and all was really detailed from memory...

• 2 months later...
ummm stock boost levels are all the same... they dont vary unless the boost has been uped from factory, its not like nissan said... yeah k this one can have 7psi and that one can have 8... lol.

and yeah 12psi is the max the stock turbo can handle before it goes boom i was told, even with an fmic and such they recommend not taking the factory turbo past 12psi.

and I am sure they also told you that 12psi or more, and the ecu goes onto the rich and retard maps? Dropping off about 30rwkw - 40rwkw, making your car surge like a bitch.

10psi is the best performing, until you get a better ecu.

So 10 psi,Turbo back exhaust, filter, fmic, power fc. would anything else be required if someone does these mods?? Like fuel pump,injectors etc?? Im wanting to do the above mods but want to make sure I do it the right way first time round with all the required equipment to make the car run safe but with alot more power.

My series 2 has similar mods to urs. Turbo back exhaust, FMIC, power FC, pod (did my own piping to get some more cold air in near the pod bcoz of the crap boxing it in) and bov. It handles 11-12PSI no sweat. no spikes etc. I havent intalled a boost controller which i been meaning to do. Just make sure u get your chip mapped spot on and you'll be sweet.

I heard stories about maybe upgrading the fuel rails or pump to be able to feed it high up in the revs. I gave it a go and found it didnt make that much of a difference. I was prob running rich, and didnt really tune it but it went fine without. Spose u dont want to be pumping to much juice in it these days anyway. Petrol prices are doing my a$$ in.