SAU Community

How To Find If My Engine Has Been Changed

I had a car ran in nissans fast and it came back that the car was a RB25DE not a DET. Now i know thet car has a intercooler and the turbo dash and turbo how could i find out if the car has had an engine swap? or find out more about the car?

Look at the blue Japanese manufacturers plate on the firewall and see if it has RB25DE on the engine code.

Thats just it the blue plate has that it is a DE but everything i can find on the car points to it being a DET. Do you know of anything that a DET has that a DE would not have?

Brakes look big but cant say that i have ever seen the brakes on a N.A skyline so couldnt tell if thay are upgreded or not. They look the same as every ones pics in the (how to Anodize your brake calipers).

5bolt is turbo..

where the intercooler pipes go thru the chassi where the airbox/pod filters are.. do those 3" holes or watever look like they where cut from factory or done by someone.

My old na r33 didnt have those holes

Even if its had a conversion, it seems they've done everything right... as long as it has an engineers certificate if needed, and the engine number is correct on the rta you should be fine.

Dayne

ummm my r32 gtst has a silver gt badge, cause the s1 r32's had no choice in color. s2 on gave the choice of color of the gt badge to the buyer i thought. so they could pick silver, red or blue (obviously silver wasnt popular in s2 cause they were in s1)