SAU Community

Anyone experienced this?

Ronin 09

I was on my way home from work tonight when i noticed that i was being followed... Literally, i was minding my own business. I then proceeded to try and lose them in my neighbourhood, which went on for about ten minutes, after which i was successful in losing my rather annoying w*nkers.

It was a Maroon TE Magna (never got the plates as they never got close enough), and it was Canterbury Rd pretty much from Camberwell to Box Hill.

My car is 3 weeks old, stock, so it doesn't really grab attention (apart from being a Skyline i guess). This concerns me a bit, as it just makes you feel like you can't enjoy your ride.

Without having a lynch mob attitude, maybe we should keep an eye out for w*nkers like this?

-m :(

I had this happen to me in williamstown one day at lunchtime, I got followed by a liberty station wagon for agout 10 minutes, I was going down backstreets, going round and round the block, eventually I pulled over and walked into a store where I could watch my car, the slowed down, and drove off... I quickly jumped in my car and drove the opposite way.

Not really sure what to make of it.

I had it happen to me once too, about a year ago. I didn't realise I was being followed until I turned into the road (which is dead at night), that leads to my street. So I drove around in circles to see if they would still follow... and they did. So eventually I parked in someone else's driveway, then came running out of the car with the club lock....

Unfortunately they drove away..... :(

I've also had this happen when I used to have a stock R31 silhouette...

Trust no one!

These are cops - come on guys... unmarked Liberties and magnas are their favourite vehicles. I don't enjoy driving nearly as much with this "out to get people" mentality going around. I doubt it was somebody just following you to jack your car or anything.

I've been followed home by cops in my old crappy R31 and i got home and they said "Why did you pull into here?" and it was like "because i live here you idiots" (ok, not quite like that) but they did the full check of everything.

Both times I was followed, was by crappy old shit boxes. An old 323 (80's model), and then an old 626(80's model again).

When I got followed in the R31 though, I'm pretty sure though is was b/c I was fooling around with someones g/friend...

But, dont be suprised... it's not always cops! I had 2 friends been followed, then had their cars taken! One of them, stopped off at home to ldrop off his keaboard, as he didnt want it in the car. When we got out... his car was gone!

I'm not saying it happens often, and that we should all become very paranoid and spend half our time looking for cars that may be following, but be aware that it happens.

hey this happens in Victoria as well?

It's happened to my mum a few times in her Jag, she usually finds the closest round-a-bout and just goes around in circles until they followers realise they've been busted hehehe

Originally posted by doxximus

my brother inlaw got pulled over by a cop in a torana once, one of those done up ones

About 5 years ago, I saw 2 cops pull over another car....

They were driving a red XF falcon with L plates on the bloody thing! It's almost like entrapment!

This is Victoria - not NSW - things are ****ed up there.. Its not that bad here.

Depends - never happened to me in that way but then again i don't seem to attract trouble from people.. i also like to carry a cricket bat in the car but for some strange reason i don't play cricket :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ed

hey this happens in Victoria as well?

It's happened to my mum a few times in her Jag, she usually finds the closest round-a-bout and just goes around in circles until they followers realise they've been busted hehehe

lol:lol:

i feel very confident in my car...if someone is following me, i pull over and wait till they drive past or stop. then i follow them. if it looks like trouble, i generally have enough "up n go" to loose them

They were driving a red XF falcon with L plates on the bloody thing! It's almost like entrapment!

L plates! its funny how the cops can do whatever they want. We get fined(well some of us) for not displaying our p plates thus pretending to be full license holders

and these idiots are doing exactly the same thing

:chairshot

hehehe i got a mini aluminium baseball bat in mine.... and a couple of tennis balls and glove in the boot to make it look like i use it when i go somewhere incase i get pulled over :thumbsup:

I got followed one day.

I went past a done up SSS pulsar (going the opposite way), he pulled over, waited until I was about 100m away and chucked a u turn. I thought it was a bit wierd so I went passed my place up to a round about, I did a uturn at the round about and went past them.

They did the same but stayed about 100m away. The next round about I did the same, did a uturn and again, so did they, this happend once more until I stopped the car - all puffed up ready to jump on their bonnet, when they saw the door open they slammed the brakes on, chucked a uturn and pissed off.

I could've been paranoid, but it was strange. At that time heaps of Skylines where being knocked off and carjacked around sydney....

Guest DON91E

In the boot of R33, the thing that holds the car jack??

well take it out, replace it with a mechete, :thumbsup:

these habibs running around trying to steal our cars man, its not on......

If they willing to sometimes kill for your car, then hey i would kill to keep mine, all talk anyways, i mean u get followed, just stop. Open boot, pretend to look for something, grab the mechete and just come @ them chargin, make them run the quater wifout shitting there pants,

Donnie