SAU Community

Block Off Bungs - Where?

Where do you find the block off bungs that you sometimes see on modified cars to block off crank case ventilation points and things like that?

They are basically a rubber nipple that sits over a hose point and blocks it off in conjunction with a hose clamp. Probably need a fairly large one, as I want to cut off a BOV and block the t point, without having to get some new piping made up.

I see these on a few show cars, so you must be able to find them around....

post-1332-1123571142.jpg

Largest I could find at Supercheap was like 3/4". I need 30mm..

Tried bunnings, and you'd think they would have something like that for blocking off pipes or something, but nope.

Guess that leaves Clark Rubber.. closest one is 40km away.. ho hum.

Pred I got some Redline ones years ago for a 350 Chev, still have one lying around maybe, I will check the size, you can cut them down for different needs...

they had them at Autobarn (old Bumpa-T-Bumpa...yes I am old)

Will check tonight and get back to you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

All done.. Its not pretty, but it seems to work.. one day I'll get it welded up properly I guess.

Well funny you should say that duncan, as that is basically what I ended up using :( $1.85 each :) The performance shops only had small ones.

Clarke Rubber is definitely the best place if you are looking for block off bungs for a number of different purposes.

They're also great if you are after rubber strips, padding strips, or anything like that for any purpose in the car. I grabbed a few things. Something to keep in mind if anybody needs that sort of thing.

post-1332-1124625234.jpg

Its also surprising what you can find at a hydraulics or gas supplies shop. I picked up something similar from Enzed some time back. Not cheap, but it was oil/heat/pressure compatible which rubber door stops or chair ends are not.

cheers