SAU Community

+15bhp High Performance Power Module

Tangles

Hi all,

Just after a little advice - Ive picked up a $33 Inlet Air Temp sensor, which looks like it advances timing via the ECU.

Its just a little black box with 2 wires coming out the end, and is meant to be fitted up to the IAT sensor, via the loom end......

Q: where is the IAT sensor in the RB25DET engine bay? I cant find info on this....

Q: would it be safe to use along with an safcII, ebc, r34 gtt intercooler, full turbo-back 3inch exhaust system and K&N pod filter? ...?

Got the product off ebay, so not too worried if it doesnt work as its pretty cheap, but would like to fit it up before I have the Stagea dynoed in a couple of days time (having a base dyno run, and then everything fitted and tuned).

If anyone could please tell me where the IAT sensor is that'd be great! Any opinons or advice would be really appreciated. :)

FYI: www.celoxperformance.com for further info on the product, or search ebay australia.

Brendan :(

The Rb25 doesn't have an intake temperature sensor. My advice would be chuck it in the bin, and tune the car the proper way. Increase intake and exhaust efficiency to help the engine breath. Increase turbo boost. And get a mappable ecu to tune the fuel and ignition maps for more power.

Thanks for the info...

I put a similar one on my VR SS V8, and did notice a slight difference in power, I believe that one told the ecu that it was using 100% air at all times, and thus the powerchip ecu provided more fuel (ie more fuel + air = more power).

Oh well, if the stagea rb25det doesnt have an inlet air temp sensor maybe I'll chuck it on the missus' Nubira.

But the website from memory did suggest it'd fit onto a Skyline.

Q: what sort of ecu would work ok with a Stagea auto 4wd rb25det (with safc2, ebc, full exhaust and air setup)?

Cheers.

brendan

ebay... thats where the problem starts, and where it ends.

as for what would work. search. SAF-C is the only cheap thing save for full replacement.

Thats a bit harsh on ebay!! :)

I got to say, Ive spent around 10k on stuff off ebay, around 6k of that was for goodies for my Fireblade. ALWAYS had a good deal.... ie Keihin 39mm FCR race carbs brand new $1200 in lieu of 2k, 17inch front rim for $100 in lieu of around $500 ($1200 from honda!), full Akrapovic titanium system $700 in lieu of $2400. Even got my missus wedding ring from ebay UK for $250 with .75c high quality diamonds, had it valued at $1200!

The ebay happy-shopping list goes on!!! :lol:

Have always had a good experience with ebay, and I HIGHLY recommend it; obviously its a trust issue. An easy way to shop and am WAY in front in terms of $$ spent if I was to buy the same gear from a local shop.

I got my SAFCII off ebay (installing this wednesday) for $375 delivered, and thats less then what they come up in the 4sale section here on the forums.

The only reason I asked about this little solenoid is I wasnt sure if the skyline rb25det had an inlet air temp sensor or not, thanks for the info peoples. But I will reiterate that the same sort of product worked fine with my VR SS...

Cheers All!

Brendan :(

Yes ebay is good for alot of things, but when it comes to resistors and special fuel filters that add miracle particles to give u more power it is a waste of time.

There is even a electric supercharger for sale on ebay. I looks like it will such more electrical power from the battery than give u more power.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Omg Rezz! Yep we're still here and actually seeing a trickle of oldies coming back.  How's things? 
    • So I raised the car up a fair bit for shipping - see image - then lowered it again when it arrived. I then rushed to get an alignment in NL before the track and the shop just wasn’t anywhere near as precise as what I got in Japan. The guys that did the alignment this week said there was a fair amount of toe in the rear that could have contributed to the understeer. It was also the case that the rear camber went from about -2 to -3 at the shop in NL. However, since I’ve now got slightly wider tires in the rear - NS2Rs run wider than Accelera 651S - I could only get a minimum of -3 in the rear now due to clearance. Front is now -2.75 (-2.45 in minutes) due to being raised a bit (previously -3 in JP). So it’s likely a combination of the two factors, camber and toe. The issue now is I have more camber in the rear than the front and the next step on the front Cusco arms will put me at -3.5ish front which seems a bit excessive to me. The weird thing is I’ve never had any understeer at the track in Japan but they are very different circuits - Japanese circuits are much slower than the one I’ve been to here.    I’m probably going to have to start another thread for the E90. The plan is sort of to keep it as a daily but progressively mod it into a track car - honestly, you need a cage for the sort of speeds you go here. Just ordered the M3 front arms btw.  Love the car despite it being in pretty shitty condition. Oil analysis came back okay and it seems to have stopped consuming oil since fixing a load of engine bay things. Saw yours is a 335i right? f**king mistake on my part getting the DI N53 over the N52, fuel economy is insanely good though at 14-16 km/L.   Cheers, it’s great to see the benefits and pitfalls of different places. I’m contemplating going back to the U.K. around next year as the cost of living in the Netherlands is just ridiculous. GF is nagging me to settle and buy a house but I don’t know what LSD to buy. 
    • Have you seen the Milwaukee Train Horn? It's a beast! I stumbled upon it while browsing for upgrades. I'm thinking of adding it to my ride for some serious sound. Here's the link if you wanna check it out: https://bosshorn.com/products/milwaukee-train-horn. Anyway, thanks again for sharing your method.
    • Anybody home...? I used to moderate this part of SAU about 20 years ago... hard to beleive it's still around basically unchanged with all the old posts pinned at the top. Amazing to read all those posts again.  If anyone drops by, I'm still in Japan (Nishinomiya, between Osaka and Kobe).  Cheers 🙂
    • Ah, yeah, the diff bushing in the rear subframe, this has been a problem since the start of the V35 in the early '00s and the only solution ever offered by Nissan is a whole new subframe.  Since they are fluid filled, as soon as they form the smallest crack, they leak brown fluid everywhere.  The aftermarket options for the v35 and V36 aren't suitable for the V37 either, Z1 has built an aftermarket option, but a few people have had issues with it. The brace should reduce movement in that bushing, so should extend its life! Did you notice any increase in noise from the driveline?  I know some have installed solid subframe collars and complain about the amount of noise it transmits through to the body, but not sure if the diff brace makes any noticeable difference?