SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Looking at getting a set of work emotion kiwamis for my r34 25GT

currently sitting stock height with stock wheels etc.

The size of the Kiwami sets I'm looking at are

Front: 18x8.5 +30 offset

Rear: 18x9.5 +38 offset

I'm looking at putting them on without any or with little modifications as possible.

Looking at getting a set of work emotion kiwamis for my r34 25GT

currently sitting stock height with stock wheels etc.

The size of the Kiwami sets I'm looking at are

Front: 18x8.5 +30 offset

Rear: 18x9.5 +38 offset

I'm looking at putting them on without any or with little modifications as possible.

yeah they should fit well. Might rub a tiny bit on the front splash guards with suspension movement n at full lock. but all good.

However, thye are going to make ur can look a bit like its on stilts. So when the time comes you want to lower it with some coilovers you will need to roll the lip on your read arches.

Again, piece of piss n nothing to worry about.

nah you will defaintely be able to get them to fit.

The front guard rub isnt a problem n rolling/cutting the rear lip is a piece of piss. Iv got 18x9.5+38 with a 275width tyre on the rear of my R33 GTST and it fits easily while lowered and only .5 degree of camber, I only needed to cut out the lip on the rear...

fronts are 18x8.5+38 with a 235 tyre. They dont scrub unless really pushed in a 180 turn. Urs will sit 8mm further out than mine which is really nothing but it will slightly increase how much they may scrub on the splash gaurds.

Also R34's are rumoured to have the slightest bit more room in the guards than an R33. never heard this confirmed tho..

post-68049-0-05469900-1346815360_thumb.jpg

the only issue you need to confirm is that these rims are designed to clear the calipers on a skyline, if they do then ur sweet.

Edited by jjman

Anyone have any thoughts on the below wheel specs for an R33 GTST that will be sitting at, or just below legal height?

Varrstoen 2.2.1

Front Rims: 18x9.5 +34 / Front Tyres: 235 (Wanted 9" width for the front wheels, but seems Varrstoen Australia don't offer that width for 18")

Rear Rims: 18x9.5 +30 / Rear Tyres: 255 or 265

Anyone had experience with or seen this spec of Varrstoen wheels fitted to an R33? I'm not going to roll the guards at this stage, and i'm also not a fan of stretched tyres. I don't mind a little bit of scrub (as a worst case scenario) so long as my tyres aren't getting chewed out.

I've gone through this thread, and have a rough idea of what fits an R33 GTST and what doesn't, but I'd like to be fairly sure before I commit to buying wheels, so any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

If the consensus is that they won't fit without some issue, then i'll probably end up going with Rota grids, as they seem to offer a more suitable variety of sizes & offsets. Also have better customer service than Varrstoen... I've messaged Varrstoen 3 times now (once through the website, and twice on ebay) and no response as yet :)

I should also add, the look i'm going for is wheels flush with guard, I'm not a big fan of protrusion, or 'phat stance' (especially on a GTST, it just doesn't work..). I just want something sensible, and that won't chew out tyres if my car is set at a bit lower than legal.

Don't mind having a bit of negative camber either, probably -1.5 maximum though.

Edited by Chainfire

Anyone have any thoughts on the below wheel specs for an R33 GTST that will be sitting at, or just below legal height?

Varrstoen 2.2.1

Front Rims: 18x9.5 +34 / Front Tyres: 235 (Wanted 9" width for the front wheels, but seems Varrstoen Australia don't offer that width for 18")

Anyone had experience with or seen this spec of Varrstoen wheels fitted to an R33? I'm not going to roll the guards at this stage, and i'm also not a fan of stretched tyres. I don't mind a little bit of scrub (as a worst case scenario) so long as my tyres aren't getting chewed out.

I've gone through this thread, and have a rough idea of what fits an R33 GTST and what doesn't, but I'd like to be fairly sure before I commit to buying wheels, so any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

If the consensus is that they won't fit without some issue, then i'll probably end up going with Rota grids, as they seem to offer a more suitable variety of sizes & offsets. Also have better customer service than Varrstoen... I've messaged Varrstoen 3 times now (once through the website, and twice on ebay) and no response as yet :)

Dude that seems like a fairly safe fitment. It will be close to flush, but more inset then poke, which I think is what you are going for. 235 on 9.5 will offer a fair amount of stretch, but it will remove most of the scrubbing issues you may have. Why are you going to run 255's on the rears? You MAY just scrub on full lock, but you shouldn't while driving unless you hit a canyon. I would say roll your guards (for the sake of 1 hour and $100, so worth it in the long run), and no need to run camber.. If you want to run camber, I suggest a more aggressive offset.

I have seen a gtst with 18x9+22 and they poked by about 5mm on the fronts, and rears were inset slightly. If you were to run 255/265 on your rears (as my friend was running heavy stretch) then you have chosen what I believe to be the right offset. You seem to have done your research and I applaud you. Have fun with your fitment, and make sure you post pictures.

Edited by voncina

Varrstoen 2.2.1

Why +34 on the front? You can easily go +30 with a 235/30/18, it won't hit the guard at all and it won't have poke. Ideally you'd want 9" +25 front with 235/40 (v little stretch) and 10" +35 rear (with 265/30/18). Or 9" +25 front and rear.

Dude that seems like a fairly safe fitment. It will be close to flush, but more inset then poke, which I think is what you are going for. 235 on 9.5 will offer a fair amount of stretch, but it will remove most of the scrubbing issues you may have. Why are you going to run 255's on the rears? You MAY just scrub on full lock, but you shouldn't while driving unless you hit a canyon. I would say roll your guards (for the sake of 1 hour and $100, so worth it in the long run), and no need to run camber.. If you want to run camber, I suggest a more aggressive offset.

I have seen a gtst with 18x9+22 and they poked by about 5mm on the fronts, and rears were inset slightly. If you were to run 255/265 on your rears (as my friend was running heavy stretch) then you have chosen what I believe to be the right offset. You seem to have done your research and I applaud you. Have fun with your fitment, and make sure you post pictures.

It's a shame the Varrstoen 2.2.1's aren't available in 8.5 or 9", I really want to avoid stretch as much as possible, I don't mind it too much, so long as the tyre atleast pushes up firmly against the lip of the rim. Would prefer the tyre sidewalls to look similar front to back as well. Oh well, I may have to settle with Rota's.

255's is what I'm using now on my current rims (17" G.max energy's), there's no reason why I can't use 265, other than not knowing if they will rub or not. I am actually picking up the car from panel and paint shop today, I was considering getting them to roll the guards while they were doing the respray, but I also have to take the car over the pits, so thought it best to leave that for now (just in case).

Thanks for the advice and comments, I appreciate it :)

Why +34 on the front? You can easily go +30 with a 235/30/18, it won't hit the guard at all and it won't have poke. Ideally you'd want 9" +25 front with 235/40 (v little stretch) and 10" +35 rear (with 265/30/18). Or 9" +25 front and rear.

My front fenders seem to like eating my tyres with my current setup (need to confirm the width and tyre size on my current wheels) I don't want to go too close to limits, and risk having more problems and ruining more expensive tyres. Have already spent way too much on this car :P

I would prefer 9" fronts, so I may have to go with the Rota's to get that size.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will be sure to post up pics and results when I go ahead with this.

Hey guys been after a set of wheels ATM have read few pages of the thread n haven't foud what I needed all 18"s but in looking at 17"

I want to run 17x8 + 30 and 17x9+35 on a bone stock r34 gtt will I have any problems with that sort of fitment or Should it be alright?

Edited by SS-

Hey guys been after a set of wheels ATM have read few pages of the thread n haven't foud what I needed all 18"s but in looking at 17"

I want to run 17x8 + 30 and 17x9+35 on a bone stock r34 gtt will I have any problems with that sort of fitment or Should it be alright?

Absolutely no problems at all ever with that fitment. You won't even need rolled guards. That will be no stance, no poke, no dish or concave. It will be very uninteresting in my opinion, but hey, it's your car.

Ohhh I see yeah i just wanted something cheap for now cause one my wheels are slightly buckled while I save for superlaps :)

And also the offsets are the other way around! Any difference or not really?thanks for the quick response

And what offset wpuld have abit of concave for the rears for drifteks?

Sorry noob here :)

Edited by SS-

Ohhh I see yeah i just wanted something cheap for now cause one my wheels are slightly buckled while I save for superlaps :)

And also the offsets are the other way around! Any difference or not really?thanks for the quick response

And what offset wpuld have abit of concave for the rears for drifteks?

Sorry noob here :)

Yeah mine are buckled as well, I have just been dealing with it for like 6 months haha. Do a stand still on the buckled rim and it will generally shave itself down to a flat point. Wastes rubber, but makes the ride more comfortable. I do have rims on order though.

You can still get away with that offsets reverse and SHOULDN'T have any issues. The only issue you MAY have is with 9's on the front with such a shitty offset, it may potentially rub on the suspension, and on full lock it may scrub on the guard. Just running through my little file on 34 offsets, no one that I can see so far has run a 9 with a high offset in the fronts. You are better off having the thinner rim on the front as that is the wheel that does the turning, and will be the one to give you issues.

If you want a decent, safe offset on drifteks, assuming you want 17's, and concave, I would go 17x8+20 fronts, 17x9+22 rears. You will most likely need to roll your guards, but that is safe, easy and quick, and will save you hassle in the long run. You won't poke outside the guards, nor too far inset, the only issue you will have will be running 2 different sized rims, and that (if the cop can spot it) will give you a canary. In that case go for 17x8+15 (the lowest offset I can see for drifteks), it won't poke as much, but it will be safer if you fear coppers or don't want defects. That being said, I am running 9.5 fronts and 10.5 rears.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

And don't worry about being noob, everyone has to start somewhere. If you look back 10 pages you will see me noobing it up as well :)

Edited by voncina

Had a trawl through the thread but couldn't see any photos of a 33 GTST with a 18x10.5 running a 265/35 tyre. May have missed one but does anyone have a photo? Or even a 265/35 on a 10.5 rim not on a car would be helpful!