SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts on this size?

Rota Grids (concave version)

18x10 +35 offset

with 235-40-R18 and 245-40-R18 tyres

With the old tape measure there will be a bit of poke on the front, but im more concerned with what it might

touch under the arches!?!

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=55&diameter=16&wheelwidth=6.5&offset=40&width2=235&aspect2=40&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=10&offset2=35&Submit=Submit

^with the 235 tyres for the front

Cheers guys!

Anyone ever tried machining wheels to reduce the offset from say +22 to +27. This machining would be done on the inside hub where they would take out material to it. Koya Drift Teks and im willin to run a bit of a bigger tyre. If it doesnt work i guess ill have to sell and buy again.

it's possible as that's actually how drifteks are made from the factory, however you will also probably have to cut down the studs to suit.

It's also worth noting that the excess heat from the cutting will compromise the already compromised structural integrity of the rims

Heat shouldn't be an issue, as wheels and brakes do get very hot and Machining can be done slowly.

As joey said you will need shorter studs, or Wheel nuts with open ends. I had 6mm shaved off the front wheels of my beetle years ago....and didnt realise till I went to put them on, that the studs were now too long.

Let the machine shop/Enginbeer decide on how far they are willing to machine them.

now to find someone that can do it in Canberra. becasue selling them and having to order a new set is kind of shit. But if there isnt a shop in Canberra that does it these will be up for sale soon.

Ok guys. Have gotten some Blitz Type 01 wheels in 17x9 with 22p offset. What would be the best width/height tyres to suit a R32 GTS-T standard guards? I believe 245-45 will fit the rears just, as there on atm (flush with the guards) but more concerned with the maximum width for the front, not fussed if the guard needs a little massage but don't want the insides to touch!

Also what tends to be the more popular sizes in 17 inch tyres?