SAU Community

Yahoo Motorsport- John Verban

hcp

John is a nice guy BUT.......

he has heaps of timewasters taking up his days and doesnt want to deal with tyre kickers.

If you like a car on his website, ring him, organise a time to look a the car, take a $500 cash deposit.

Inspect the car very well and if you like it, give him the deposit. Dont bother trying to haggle, the prices are firm.

I bought a 32 from him about 6 weeks ago and everything was good, I replaced the front discs and upper control arm bushes then got through regency first time :angry::(:):)

Edited by BigMicky

Bought a turbo 5 speed r32 from him in february.

Car was a good deal, just needed some bushes replaced and hicas locked out.

Like BigMickey said, he gets lots of tyre kickers wasteing his time.

Its sometimes hard to get in touch with him and prices are firm.

Just make sure you have a good look at the car before taking it.

Hello Ive bought eight cars off him now for me and for mates and only been stung once hes a champ but be sure not to rush looking at the car I bought a black cefiro off him bout 4-5 months ago to find it had been half cut to shit and the sills were rusted and dented in under the side skirts all my fault though looked at the car in the dark got excited cause it was a sexy bitch and took it home :D so yeah be sure to look THOUROUGHLY rails and sill panels, anyways good luck man :D

my mate bought a nissan march off him, until he had the money in his hand he was a bit of a prick, most of the cars he sells need some attention but thats why they are so cheap. As everyone says just take your time!

Yeh haven't really heard too much about him, apart from a mate buying a Cefiro from him, and wasn't the best buy but hey that explains the price. Maybe if you need a track car this will be all good, I personally would go through Prestiege, or just buy one in the country that is already complied.

Yeah bought my 32 of him all good execpt for normal wear and tear items like clutch and brakes had small leaks but was cheap to repair plus bushes. and like every one else make sure you give it a good looking over and take your time doing it.

Yahoo Motorsport Thats a link to his webpage.

As it appears I as well as half of Adelaide bought an R32 off him, same deal carry out a decent inspection and you'll be alright.

Just another note if your buying a 32 it seems like I'm not the only one whos had to replace the upper control arm bushes to get through Regency. It cost me around the $450 mark to get adjustable ones put in. Keep these kind of costs in mind.

Edited by Jinman

• 2 weeks later...

Yea bought a few cars off him. Trick is to be the 1st one in toc heck the new arrivals!

Its the first in ,best cars type. Just got my 4th r32 and it was in immaculate condition. Every issue that isa ssociated with r32 was fixed in japan! worked a treat through regency.

With complaince, my mate does it really cheap. Z imports, and many dealers go through him and he gets engineered certificate through Rory Thompson.

Call LAM 0405035476 (wont be back till 14th sep)