SAU Community

R32 Aftermarket Head Unit Sitting Flush

R32skyline93

Hey Guys

I was just wondering how your cd player in your R32 sits as in how it fitted into the console/dash with the space left if it sticks out or if it wont go right to the back and fit in properly

as with mine when i got the car i had just a big hole left from the person who had it last including the stock brackets were gone

now ive finally got the brackets and bought a new universal pouch that will sit under the headunit but the gap still looks qite big

i tried a friends pioneer unit and it seemed to look like it would just fit in there without the framing around it but the brackets where hitting the side so i couldnt slide it right back i guess when they are loosed it should slide in

i ask this as im soon to get a cd player installed by autobarn a pioneer 7750 and dont want it to look shit and i will know what to expect and if they are full of shit lol if they say they cant do it

any pics of your headunit fitted in your car would be really cool to see as i can only seem to find ones with stock cd players in them

thanks heaps for any help

Graham

sorry i dont have any pics the cam is on the fritz i have a alpine but all aftermarket headuints are the same size. this is what i did i made a blank out of mdf and coverd it with leather and fitted 3 gauges then fitted the headunit above that it will fit in the same as the stock one but u will have a gap so you will have to trim the souroundthat comes with the headunit with a good sharp knife its a pain put if you take ur time it will look factory. it will work just aswell with the pocket

hope that helped

and goodluck with it mate

sorry mate i know your after 32 pics.. but this is in my 33... i just had to measure up heaps til i get the exact place where it would sit flush as thr stock holes on thr brackes didnt match... and left me with the gap too.. so i had to redrill holes in the mounting bracket....

this is how it turned out

-Ruffels

cdplaya.jpg

sorry bout the shitty picture

gauges02.jpg

sticky-outty.. the main problem is that plastic ring around the outside most stereos have won't really fit properly by a couple of mm

Not sure why I mounted it out like that now :D I think I just had to mount it back in the brackets a bit. Did I drill extra holes? Did I want it like that for some reason? I can't remember. Its possible I lined up the unit itself, then forgot the face unit stuck out from there.. lol. Maybe I'll change it one day. Maybe I won't.. maybe i thought i'd fix it all when i ripped out all the auto stuff.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have just installed a Kenwood unti where the face tilts/slides out. The unti is on the bottom, my Defi din guges in the middle and the climate control up the top (R32 GT-R). The Defi Din Guages stick out a lot and have an even gap all the way around. The Kenwood also sticks out a little and has an even gap all around too. The face plate I got with the Kenwood is huge to accomodate the sliding mechanism/face. There's no way of modifying it to fit. It all just looks damn ugly. Shame really. No idea what to do?!

the pioneer unit will bolt striaght into the factory mounts you will need to either cut down the pioneer trim ring on the left and right sides or go to either repco,autobarn, autopro any stereo place and ask to get a plastic trim ring that's about 1/8 inch and it will fit perfect and fits under the centre section the goes up the centre and around the gear stick and it will pull in tight and you won't even notice thats what i plan to do shortly just can't be bothered ordering it through work (repco we sell pioneer now :) ) through a company called TDJ who sell neons, sub boxes, wiring etc and trim rings.