SAU Community

Hks 3037 Pro S

mait32

Hey guys and girls I just got a 3037 pro s on my rb25 with all the other bolt on's included, just wondering if anyone else runs this turbo and what kind on power they make. My internals have also been done. (pistons,rods etc etc.)

I've got a GT2835 Pro S and the highest i know of with one of these is 300rwkw. All depends what else you do, cams, plenum etc etc. If i wanted bigger i probably would have went the 3037S ext gate.

Yeah i got the 8.5mm lift tomie cams i think there 256, im hoping to get at least 300rwkw on pump fuel. i think the turbo's rated at 480ps so it should'nt be to hard to get to the 300 mark. still would'nt mind some feed back on anyone else who runs this turbo. hks3037pro s.

is there any difference between the externaly gated and the pro s (internally) in terms on ps rating, also what other mods did steve do to his rb25 to make 320rwkw and was it on pump fuel?? if so im looking very forward to my dyno run in a few weeks. if pos could you get me all the mods that steve did to his rb25 so i can compare it with mine, that would be great if you could. did he have stanard internals or forged ect ect. It was in a r33 i figure i've done the conversion into my r32, counting down the days untill its back on the road, lost my lisence for 12 months only got two and a half to go given me plenty of time to go sick on my beast.

Steve dropped the comp ratio to around 8.6:1 via a thicker head gasket and had a set of cams. He also stepped up to the .87 turbine housing as the .69 was too small and had power coming on too hard.

With the smaller turbine housing it made 250rwkw I think it was on 15psi. I remember he said it was fun but dangerous squeezing the throttle in fourth at 100km/h and having the car lane change by its self. :mellow:

I remember he used 22psi or there abouts, he had issues with not making the power it should have made, it came down to the exhaust was no good.

Do a search the thread should be lingering somewhere.

Edited by Cubes

Steve dropped the comp ratio to around 8.6:1 via a thicker head gasket and had a set of cams. He also stepped up to the .87 turbine housing as the .69 was too small and had power coming on too hard.

With the smaller turbine housing it made 250rwkw I think it was on 15psi. I remember he said it was fun but dangerous squeezing the throttle in fourth at 100km/h and having the car lane change by its self. :D

I remember he used 22psi or there abouts, he had issues with not making the power it should have made, it came down to the exhaust was no good.

Do a search the thread should be lingering somewhere.

hehehe I am scared now.

I have a R33 Series II 96', and I just got a GT30 with a VG30 ass end on it (which is a .63)

so yeah... maybe I should sell it before I wrap it around a tree?

What ECU was he running?

oh, and my car just got compression tested - 169 accross all cylinders.. So the motor will be in pristine condition for this nice big turbo...

is there any difference between

Both turbos are rated for 480ps and could possibly produce simliar numbers but you would tend to think the internal gated turbo would be restricted by the flow of the tiny wastegate (compared to the bigger external gate). Response and the delivery of the power would be the biggest difference between the 2, plus the extra flow of the external gate, would make the 3037S be the more popular in my mind.

hehehe I am scared now.

I have a R33 Series II 96', and I just got a GT30 with a VG30 ass end on it (which is a .63) 

so yeah... maybe I should sell it before I wrap it around a tree?

What ECU was he running?

oh, and my car just got compression tested - 169 accross all cylinders.. So the motor will be in pristine condition for this nice big turbo...

Is that a garret turbo your using?

Both turbos are rated for 480ps and could possibly produce simliar numbers but you would tend to think the internal gated turbo would be restricted by the flow of the tiny wastegate (compared to the bigger external gate).  Response and the delivery of the power would be the biggest difference between the 2, plus the extra flow of the external gate, would make the 3037S be the more popular in my mind.

Its a HKS turbo where its had the 45MM internal gate designed for the purpose. It will be fine, the reason people step up to external gate with larger turbos is because the 'usual' internal gates cannot pass enough exhaust gas causeing boost creep. Boost creep where you cannot keep boost down, it keeps building. You often see this with a bad highflow.

Thanks on the info mate im runing same cams and same ecu, do ya think the g-ready plenum will make much difference? I cant belive that he was sqweezing the throtle in 4rth and it steped out thats fu#@en hardcore. which turbo housing would have mine come with do you know???

Ans also what exaust was he running that was no good because im just about to change mine because in having similar problems. What one did he put on.

Edited by mait32