SAU Community

R32 Gts-t

RB20DET, Stock turbo 15psi 164rwkw

City: 470km's per ~50litres. That is until the red light first shows.

Open Road: Not sure have never taken it on a full tank.

WOT: Booting it the RB20DET would drop fuel economy to low 400's per tank.

Driving style didn't appear to make much difference to fuel economy.

RB30DET - Stock rb20det turbo 176rwkw 9psi.

City: 450km's per 50litres.

Open Road: Again. Not sure.

WOT: Booting it the RB30DET drops to 380km's per tank.

I'm scared to start swapping out the stock injectors incase fuel economy goes to the sh*t. :D

Mind you Bl4ck32 has 550cc rx7 injectors thats all been tuned up, his rb30det in his r32 tends to get slightly better fuel economy than mine.

Edited by Cubes

ive found a trend in my car. it's basically always KMs/10 + 10 = Litres of fuel

so 350kms = 45L filled up

400km = 50L filled up ... and so on

my 33's usage was similar

so far ive only had one tank which was used for pure thrashing and i did about 250km in 55Ls :D

freeway driving is typically a lot better than the formula above.. the other day after filling up, i drove 130kms. then i pulled over and filled it up again, and i only put in 16Ls..

edit: i just realised that the above does not apply to u as i have an rb25det in my 32.. lol sorry.

with the light thing - the 32 has a 60ltre tank, correct me if i'm wrong and the light comes on after 50ltres are used up. The reserve is 10 ltres. So are we talking about how many k's for 50ltres or 60

Hiya,

I've got an R32 GTS-t manual and I get roughly 380-400km out of the tank of regular city/suburban driving.

just did a drive up to Sydney and back a few weeks ago before that dreaded fuel increase and estimated with general cruising averaging 115-120km/h I could get around 600km to the tank.

Mind you though the car's running an aftermarket replacement ECU and it doesn't run an airflow metre anymore so I was expecting it to drink more than that... :)

• 2 months later...

Fuel tanks get a build up of crap over the years. A friend of mine had a vl turbo that used to run really rough whenever the fuel gauge went below 1/4. Thats the worst I've ever seen.

You could fix it by taking the fuel tank out and cleaning it out, but that is just sooooo much effort, much easier to just keep a nice amount of fuel in there. :)