SAU Community

YAY New Cooler Is In

Guest INASNT

Finially got the cooler installed after it sat in my room for 2 weeks!!!

Thanks heapes to gerald for the work, was a bit of farkin around coz the original piping needed to go through 1 of the chassis rails, which is a no no so we had to modify it!

Havent had a chance to trash it as yet, getting dynoed tomorrow and everything checked then the trashing will begin!

Can feel the better throttle response at just 7psi boost, so much better response and acceleration.

Stainless Steel ceramic coated inside and out piping so it stays nice and cool.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i am a lankan and the nation footwear in lanka is the thong!! :)

meggala

never know there might be a t78 coming along soon! wink wink

Originally posted by INASNT

Can feel the better throttle response at just 7psi boost, so much better response and acceleration.

Hopefully its not just mainly a 'placebo' effect, would be good to see the before and after dyno results (you did get a before one, right? :P ).

Have you noticed your car naturally boosting slightly higher now?

well i just got back from race pace getting the s-afc retuned!

I got 183kw@wheels at 0.9 bar boost and 165kw@wheels at just 0.5 bar boost!!

I am farkin rapped, the cooler worked beautifully, previously i got 155kw@wheels at 0.8 bar with stock cooler.

I will post the dyno graph tonight!

Originally posted by INASNT

I got 183kw@wheels at 0.9 bar boost and 165kw@wheels at just 0.5 bar boost!!

Excellent! So that's around a 25rwkw increase at the same boost level from a cooler + SAFC! Awesome. It's clutch+turbo changing time I think if you plan to go any higher although for me ~185rwkw would be just right I think.

So it's just this plus a full exhaust and pod right? How are you controlling the boost? Bleed valve or EBC?

To compare, I've got a cat back 3.5" and a pod, stock boost + cooler and am getting 148rwkw. Looks like cooler + SAFC (if required) is next!

Originally posted by McCracken

Excellent!  So that's around a 25rwkw increase at the same boost level from a cooler + SAFC!  Awesome.  It's clutch+turbo changing time I think if you plan to go any higher although for me ~185rwkw would be just right I think.

So it's just this plus a full exhaust and pod right?  How are you controlling the boost?  Bleed valve or EBC?

To compare, I've got a cat back 3.5" and a pod, stock boost + cooler and am getting 148rwkw.  Looks like cooler + SAFC (if required) is next!

I got full exhaust and custom dump with rest of exhaust 2!

I am controlling boost with a shitty turbosmart 2 stage controller, they said it would get a bit more with a ebc since it holds the boost so much better in all weather conditions, the bleeds holding capabilities in different weather conditions change.

Originally posted by ed

OMG that's excellent. Congrats INASNT! Do you have a EBC? or a bleed valve? How much was piping?

piping is stainless steel 2.5 inch with ceramic coating inside and out and cost be $600 which is basically a straight fit.

And when i went to race pace there was this crazy farkin race boat in the garage which had a twin turbo 383 chev in it and was pulling 1150hp!!:eek:

Originally posted by MZNISMO

HOW MUCH DID U PAY FOR THE THONGS!!!!

WHERE CAN I GET A PAIR!!

FWOARRR THEY LOOK LIKE FULLY IMPORTED CUSTOM MADE THONGS!!!!

where u being living the last few years? u can get them for $2 at big w!! Wait a minute dont u buy all your clothes there, how could u miss the thongs!!:lol:

see here darling...

its all a matter of quality..

now u can go out and buy a huge big ass fullsik truck cooler. which will do shit all for u and be shitt quality.. or u can go out and buy a fantastic nicely sized hks cooler with proper rounded end tanks for beautiful flow..

just like the thongs!!

u can buy genuine fully sik imported thongs which will last u more than a week before breaking . compared to the 2 dollar ones u purchase at bigw

and i think u need to get ur facts right before ua ccuse me !!

i dont shop at bigw!! the prices are out of my league there..

get it right biatch its SAVERS!!!

thats the one!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahaahhahaahhahaha

i need a holiday...