SAU Community

Gtr Redline

yes, it has "soft" redline at 7500 and "hard" redline at 8000

the idea behind it is you shouldnt rev over 8000 at all, and you shouldnt really rev over 7500 for extended periods.

i take mine to 8

ok kewl,

so by taking it to 8 while revving out at full throttle then changing gear shouldnt do any damage...

also, what mods will effectively change the redline? ie make a higher redline? ...cams?

ok kewl,

so by taking it to 8 while revving out at full throttle then changing gear shouldnt do any damage...

also, what mods will effectively change the redline? ie make a higher redline? ...cams?

Don't confuse the torque band of the engine with the mechanical rev limitation, ie the redline. Nissan set the RB26 up with an 8000rpm redline (I think the hard cut is 8200) because that is about the limit of the strength of the internals. Please note that a 200rpm increase from 8000rpm to 8200rpm is alot more strenuous than one from 4800rpm to 5000rpm (My old XE Foulcan redline!).

If you have a dyno sheet I can help show you how to calculate the most efficient change up point, ie when to change to get the most speed out of your car. REv the motor to go faster, but not so hard as to hurt it...