SAU Community

Top Speed

FriniK

Just wondering what happens when you reach the top speed on the stock speedo on the 33gts as it only goes up to 180 ...

do you stop going any faster or does the needle just stop at 180 and you keep going faster?... or do you go back in time...?

But if u dont run a standard ecu (or have had it chiped) it will go into the blank stuff.... I noticed mine at qld raceway down the back straight was not paying too much attention as i was more consirned about the up coming corner... But yeah it went into the blank stuff....

I was clocked at 190kph at the end of the straight....

mine used to do a little over 200 with someone with a slightly more accurate speedo following.... though i wouldnt trust most speedos at that speed.. it used to it the rev limiter in 5th though..

hehe...yeah, i was hoping i could hit 200km/h and generate 2gigawatts of power and head back to 1982 for abit...

Great Scott! You could run into your younger, slower self!

Hmm... 2gigawatts.... might be worth having a chat to Leewah, he's almost there! :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I havent tried to stay in 4th gear in the R33 GTS and hit the limiter (about 7 grand), but I have gone past 180kph in 5th and it hits the limiter early at 5500rpm. I'm guessing around 190-200kph. I'm not sure how fast you can go in 4th gear at 7000rpm...

my speedo ( r31 wagon ) only goes to 180 kmh and i.m not running a signal to the rb25de ecu . SOOOO when i race at the salt lake in speed trials the speedo neddle just starts bouncing off the stop . The faster i go the bigger the needle bounces . Sooo when its bouncin really big i know i,m goin fastest ( the tacho keeps on goin up ) Best speed is 226 kmh electronically timed .

Edited by dondesoto