SAU Community

R33 smoked by s13 & s14?!

Hi all,

I've been hearing alot about how modified R33's get smoked by the silvias and 200sx (semi modified) due to their better "power to weight" ratio. For example, this s14 owner that I know has only got full exhaust and air pod, and says that he's eaten many R33 Gts-t at the lights..

Tell me this is not true!!! Has anyone taken out the SR20DET using a semi-mod R33?

CBB

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most will depend on the driver, but just cause you got an extra 500cc doesn't mean your gonna win. Some of the Silvia's and 180SX's are damned fast, I 've beaten my fair share, but every now and again I get my ass kicked.

It doesn't matter in the end, just keep spending money till your quicker than everyone.

See'ya:burnout:

It really all comes down to driver skill....

I know of a SR20 S13 that has run 13.2sec pass with Exhaust, filter, intercooler - stock turbo. There are plenty that get low to mid 13s with that sort of setup. They don't need alot of power to get them moving.

I agree, with the amount of $$ I'd spent on my skyline, I could have just bought an S13 and used the leftover $ to max out the stock turbo...sigh.

Although, the R33 looks alot phat-ter compared to the old looks of S13!

How about WrX? Anyone had much experience dragging these 4wds?! Cant imagine it being too easy...

Ok. i owned three of the above cars. the s14 sr20 with pipes and boost will leave a stock or piped r33 dead in it wake. and the rex i'm driving atm have a vf22 with pipes , fmic & computer will send a boosted gtr to it grave, but then my r33 gtst has a t76 rb26 and computer. The sound of external wastegated skylines is unforgetable. So it not how fast the car is, it's how far are the mods.

i agree, its all money, and theres always hidden mode that people dont tell u about....id take my 33 over any 200, and especially over an s13 silvia..i personally think those cars lick balls, they r for people who want a good turbo car but can only afford the crap one :P my advice is keep saving, dont waste hard earned money on a crap car, sure u might have money left over for more mods but down the track u could have done that to the skyline....and have a quicker...better lookin..better all over car :P

personal opinion but i stand by it!

ps. pet hate - all those non-turbo s13's with an exhaust too big 4 their car starring and tryin to race me...then realise they got mauled....

Guest davidpandev

i used to own a sylvia and then i bought a gts4 (4wd coupe) r32 and never looked bak all s' series nissan are drift cars if u want preformance and speed dont like past a skyline 6 cylinder 2 litre 4 wheel drive come and catch me!~ see ya at the 11's 100% SKYLINE!

eeew silvias... cant stand em... theyre ugly (s15 not so much) and only 4 cylinders... thats enough to put me off.

nothing beats the agressive lines and looks of a line... imo :)

wrxs all come down to whos driving them... my r32s pretty average in specs but ive beaten a few WRXs (looked stock apart from exhaust) but wouldnt even bother taking one on with a FMIC or an STI cause i'll get eaten alive at the moment i even had a drag with an Audi TT the other day and beat him down.

keep in mind most of the ppl in wrxs and tts are generally mid life crisis (male menapause - speeeeling was always my weak point :D) balding suits who have driven nothing but auto statesmens and bmw 318is

:D

Given the same small mods such as airpod and exhaust done to both cars the same.

I'd say it come down to driver skill.

But I do believe the SR20DET is quicker of the mark due to the less amount of weight that needs to be moved.

So don't be surprised if a Silvia smokes your ass :shake: :D

i think when it comes down to drags, given exact mod on both cars (say...s14 vs R33), it looks like the s14 will win.

But then, I like the look of the R33!

Thank god I got myself the R33 and not an s14!

Better start working on my launches....

same driver in them:

Silvia's waste skylines over the 1/4 -- power to weight.

Hungry 6 : Rhino's 'boosted' only R32 GTR ran a 12.4 at the plex the other night. VF22 equiped WRX's would have troubles getting that close, let alone high 11's like a number of R32 GTR's are capable of with 1 bar and cam gears.

Originally posted by jtir

So don't be surprised if a Silvia smokes your ass :shake:  :D

ive been smoked by a torana lol nothing surprises me til i find out how much these idiots spent on their cars and all i end up saying is... "yeah but its still a *insert name of some substandard car with more money spent on the engine than the car is worth*"

hmmm, im not sure who ta mechanic is but r33's are one of the best cars for mods..straight 6 turbo....very easy to make power out of

sr20det are good engines aswell though, they r capable of a lot, i take nothin away from them, but il take my r33 any day...soon to have mega power, once the wallet grows as always

I have to agree with Rev 210 9 times out of ten a lightly boosted GTR will leave a WRX with front mount and vf22 turbo in its wake most rexs with these mods run mid 12 sec most GTR,s with a exhaust, filter and boost to 1 bar run flat 12 sec only a rex with a dog box with straight cut gears will hit 11 sec with a vf 22 sure there are a few "freak" wrx,s that run just into the 11,s but there are also freak GTR,s that will run mid 11 sec and chances are a wrx will destroy its gearbox if its running in the 12's anyway.