SAU Community

Can u recommend a good shop for me?

fattdex

Hey kids, I'm about to go and get some gear for a pod filter, adaptor and probably some other stuff like gear knob, oil and oil filter for my gts, can anybody recommend a shop that is close to the clayton/mount waverly area that you know and would have this stuff in stock?

Cheers,

Evolution R is good, but pretty expensive (Unit A2, 2A Westall Rd, Adamco Business Park, Clayton 9543 6255)

Or try Ice performance, i had my clutch put in there and they're really good... address is at:

www.iceperformance.com.au

-m

By the way, if you are getting a pod filter, TRUST Airnx are REALLY loud; they sound like a mega blow off valve when you back off the throttle. It gets kinda annoying, i had a K&N on my old car which sounded sweet but wasn't as loud...

dont think ice sell nobs and stuff :P

might wanna try somewhere like Auto1 i think there is a shop in bayswater....

i got my pod filter from there.... just a simota one but it does the job and only costs like 80 all up

Originally posted by fattdex

Hey kids, I'm about to go and get some gear for a pod filter, adaptor and probably some other stuff like gear knob, oil and oil filter for my gts, can anybody recommend a shop that is close to the clayton/mount waverly area that you know and would have this stuff in stock?

Cheers,

You can try Forrest Hill AutoBahn :D They are currently having a CLOSE DOWN SALE! 20% OFF everything and some items even more! get in quick as the sale end this Sunday 27th.

Originally posted by fattdex

Cheers,

Unfortunately, Inark is right. We don't supply things like gear knobs, pretty lights or gauges.

We can however get pod filters, piping, oil filters, oil and the like.

Evo R in Clayton supplies most of the gear your describing. Give them a call.

and when u go to evo r tell ehm u r from sau and they will give u a discount!

Theres a new mag wheel shop a couple of doors down from evo-r 2.

I drive past there eveyday on the way to work!

Originally posted by Ronin 09

I ran my mate in his new M3 (stock) in my R33, and there was nothing in it... gotta love that. Is Don is good @ Evo R.

bulllshittt!

a stock M3 will do mid 5's 0-100 and high 13's 1/4.

how much power u got?

ok ok, SMGII caught him napping. Also, didn't use 'launch control' - did you know that if you use it 5 times (the OBC records it) it will void the warranty?? It is in the Users manual...

gotta love that ! silly rich people's cars.. in fact new cars in general!

ok ok, SMGII caught him napping. Also, didn't use 'launch control' - did you know that if you use it 5 times (the OBC records it) it will void the warranty?? It is in the Users manual...

hahahaha thats gotta sux, the computer dobbing on u to the car dealer!!! :lol:

I don't normally drag and I don't normally 'brag' about this kinda thing. But I wanna set things straight. I think the M3 SMG is really good! One of the best, based on my experience. I got about 225rwkW (RB25DET) and I dragged this ol' man in SMG M3 once. ;)

The way he launch, I've never seen a better traction off the line. It was so quick and efficient! It must have felt like an F1 car. And changing gears, too... I'm always a fan of the M-series, but this car is my fave. Replacing the E30 M3!

I barely had traction in 1st and going to 2nd. I lost, not by much (probably by 5 inches or so) but I still lost. And all the while I keep on hearing that the SMG suck... I wanna know what they think would be better than that. Don't tell me it's a Ferrari 'coz I never even dream of purchasing one! ;)

By the way, that Don guy is nice...

I agree, Evo-R ain't cheap... But they do a pretty good job at keeping customer happy. Get to know him and he'll help you out with the pricing... :D

Guest JUNpowerYo!

Evolution R is good, but pretty expensive (Unit A2, 2A Westall Rd, Adamco Business Park, Clayton 9543 6255)

Or try Ice performance, i had my clutch put in there and they're really good... address is at:

www.iceperformance.com.au

-m

By the way, if you are getting a pod filter, TRUST Airnx are REALLY loud; they sound like a mega blow off valve when you back off the throttle. It gets kinda annoying, i had a K&N on my old car which sounded sweet but wasn't as loud...

that website doesn't work IMO!!!! wassup wit that???