What's The Best Security For R33?

sl33py

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line is if they really want to steal it They will

had a mate who owned a vk Brock took it to calder took rotor button out took relay out for ignition the only thing we come up with is that they trailered it out whilst we were in side

or rolled it out. had a fellow in parramatta that lost a S14 the same way. new car (2004 when I did it.) had quiktrack on it. no problems now.

in regard to theft of vehicles, if I wanted a lot of vehicles quickly which would I do: ( I have a light truck licence btw)

find a group of mates and go pinch a few cars all at once OR

pinch a flatbed. have a think about that one..

truck is definetly the best way, if a theif really wants something quick and easily they wont stuff around with ur alarm they will just put it on a truck and leave quicksmart :P

which means that if you are really worried about your cars security either dont leave it anywhere or get a tracker as chris has said many times

Honestly IMO, the best way to install an alarm is to do it yourself, then everything is customised and not wired the same as every single car on the street.

I've got my entire alarm wired totally different to most or all cars, the box is actually on the left hand side of the car and all the wires are routed together with the stock wiring so when a crook pulls out the wiring it looks like there's no alarm attached...

Using a BW10000, I managed to get 4 pt immobiliser outta it, hooked up a pile of relays in parallel to each other...

got one for fuel, starter, power, ignition...

• 7 years later...

Believe CHRIS ROGERS when he tells you anything about alarms ect. My r33 GTS-t wouldn't unlock the other morning and the immobiliser wouldn't turn off. I gave Chris a buZz and he came over. Turned out I had 2 alarms in my car and one died hence the issue. No bulkshit he had my car running in almost 45sec. He is the only one who put alarms in ANYTHING I drive. Because when he does it he does it with his own experience at hand and fits them so there as hard as possible for him so damn near impossible for anyone else. Chris's a alarm /Auto Elec GURU.

Thanks heaps for your help mate.

Maybe but the fellow that posted and bumped the thread was privy to me hot wiring and bypassing two alarms in under 45 seconds.

He has a right to be happy that I did it before a thief did.

Anyone recommend a good place on the Gold Coast where I can buy & get them to install the alarm PROPERLY..

I would try it myself as stated in this thread, but when it comes to electrics.. I'm fried :)

Not really looking for anything too exy, the car will be locked in fence and garage but still..

Edited by Zrobe

run it up to me and I will do it.

phone number in sig.

No worries, I'm on phone so couldn't see your sig.

Didn't realise you we're in Brisbane.

When I do get my alarm (probably not for a while, car is currently not running) I will take it straight to you.

Are you also able to remove my current alarm? Was on with the car when purchased and stuffs around every now and then.

Hey Chris, is there any way to get more range with the Mongoose alarm remote? Have put new batteries in but still only works when I'm quite close to the car.