SAU Community

What's The Best Security For R33?

sl33py

What's recommended?

My current car has a Mongoose M80S in it (triple point immobiliser) which I like. My mate's Liberty B4 has 7 point immobiliser. Does anyone know of systems with more than 3 point? Or simply a really good system? Otherwise I guess I'd go the M80 again, but I'm after other opinions...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the alarm that is important, it is the install. basically if u go to a normal place ie jbhifi and get an alarm and they do the install cheap(as usual) then u wont have good security no matter what alarm u have.

With the install u get what you pay for, so if you want a good install(and therefore security) be prepared to pay lots more than normal.

What's recommended?

My current car has a Mongoose M80S in it (triple point immobiliser) which I like. My mate's Liberty B4 has 7 point immobiliser. Does anyone know of systems with more than 3 point? Or simply a really good system? Otherwise I guess I'd go the M80 again, but I'm after other opinions...

do the M80G this time. adds glassbreak to it.

get it installed PROPERLY!! if you can see it under the dash then I can remove it in 30sec and drive off.

tracking would work IF you had coverage. GSM would do it but beware of smart thieves. ( pm me if you want an explanation of this.)

as for the liberty alarm,

I had to disable one of these and did so in a very short timewith BOTH modules being removed from the car. clipping the internal siren took a second to do.. external I put a wet rag over.. car was started and moveable for a local shop to work on it 5 minutes later.

sorry to kind of hijack the thread...

does anyone living in adelaide know much about Tisonics alarm systems?

They're locally manufactured and have features such as integrated Turbo Timer, Glass breakage, tilt, and microwave sensors - all at a price of course.

I had one installed on my silvia turbo when i bought it and their install looks professional enough. Now looking at an R33 skyline and considering the same alarm system...

What I want to know is if anyone can give more info on just how good they are as far as alarm systems go...

no alarm is 100% fool proof

unfortunatly the best method is to watch you car and what you do with it... lots of little things help

like not blaring your music and then stoping the car and getting out... a good suggestion would be to turn your music down 2 minutes before you get to your arrival place .... and also where you park.. eg near people, nearlights and for what periods of time you leave it

other then the security of yourself being close to your car... a good well known alarm and immberliser should do

if your ultra paranid tracking is a good way to go... but like i said the best security is common sense

-Ruffels

^^^ yeah but like any alarm system theres a way around itthe keypad is just a very hi tech switch... the keypad is in series with the igntion wires and unless the correct pin is entered the ignition wires done get connected, resulting in the car not being able to start.. theres not alot stopping a thief getting in beind and re wiring it to suit them quite quickly... no alarm is 100%... the key to a good alarm is deterence

allthough with a million and one different lock out mechanisms.. you'll find 99% of the time your only making life harder for yourself when you loose/lock your keys in the car

-ruffels

Another way to have your ignition wires running through an electronic switch is with a remote start alarm, (i.e. viper 791xv). This is also a 2 way paging system which means that properly installed your remote notifies you if your alarm is going off and why. Cost RRP about $1000 for the full system, but then add up to $2500 for fitting especially if you want accessories hook up.

i'm thrilled with my mongoose. very impressive alarm. the quality of the installation is the key.

brant alarms have a good rep, being 6-point really only means 2x 3-point setups. similar story in the rexies/sti's/etc etc.

i believe remote-start alarms are, technically, illegal in most states. i've read this a few times. can anyone confirm?

krzysiu is on the money tho. who is going to break into a car with a dirty great mutt in the back seat!!?!?!?? hehe :P

d

if brant was still in business then it would be a good thing. I remove mopre of them than I fitted originally. especially from WRXs.

Mongoose alarms are the go when well fitted. toss them under the dash and I'll have it out and be driving away in a minute or less.

Rotties on the back seat - yep! though I dont think my Bull mastiff would agree.

if brant was still in business then it would be a good thing. I remove mopre of them than I fitted originally. especially from WRXs.

Mongoose alarms are the go when well fitted. toss them under the dash and I'll have it out and be driving away in a minute or less.

Rotties on the back seat - yep! though I dont think my Bull mastiff would agree.

just purely out of curiosity where do you usually put them, esp in cars with very small dashes?

d

Do you think the mongoose alarm is better then then viper 791xv?

Mark.

If you are in NSW (sorry if you have stated where you are from) you can still get the Brant Nemesis installed, aparently there is a new one that has a tilt sensor and auto window winder (mine doesn't..)

Search the forums, Alan Jong I think it is installs them.. He's great, if your near Chris, i'd suggest you take the car to him though..

Brant is quite expensive - your looking at $1000+..

Although I enjoy having a keypad.. makes me feel that little bit safer..

Do you think the mongoose alarm is better then then viper 791xv?

Mark.

personally, i think the mongoose is the best alarm on the market. :( i did HEAPS of reading into what was out there, the consensus being viper mongoose or auto watch. the m80 had the features and had the price and my installer knew what he was doing so yeah. i'm happy :D

d

just purely out of curiosity where do you usually put them, esp in cars with very small dashes?

d

depends. mostly in a bitch of a spot that you canoot get from under the dash. no going to say where as that poses a bit of risk. some cars get the dash pulled if its a small car ( EG starlet )