SAU Community

Skyline Gtr Concept (proto)

Dingo

The final product never looks as good as the sketches. Two examples spring to mind. The 2006 Impreza facelift and Ferrari 612 looked stunning in the sketches, but it just didn't come together in the flesh.

I feel that this car will be the same. The wheels will be smaller, the body will be less sleek, the roof will be higher, the wheel arch flares will be smaller, the ground clearance... well, it will actually have ground clearance (the sketch seems to have none).

If they can get the final production model somewhere between this model and the concept car from a few years back things will be sweet I reckon. I didn't like the original concept car to start with, but now I love it. I think whatever styling direction they choose, the styling will "mature" with time, hopefully in time for the first cars to arrive downunder.

gtrr35concept_01.jpg

apparently its gonna be faster.. but less affordable.. just like the silvia-350Z

The silvia didn't have a replacement - the 350Z was (theoretically) the overdue replacement for the 300ZX, which was $20k more than the 350Z. A new silvia would be awesome though, but they would need a parts sharing program to justify the budget. Perhaps they could use the 165kw Renaultsport Megane engine? Or a turbocharged XTrail four cylinder? Not sure what what chassis they could use cheaply though... I would guess the 350Z/V35 Skyline chassis would be too expensive.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing with these prototype cars is that it really doesnt leave much to the imagination of the buyer. With the R31-34 you can get your bodykits to make the car yours. These prototype cars seem like you cant even do that :|

Edited by krzysiu

Car looks awesome.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Nissan are on a winner.......the reason it looks similar to a 350z crossed with a Skyline, is because the 350z shape ACTUALLY sells.

I don't think it's genuine, there's no links on the nissan japan website or anywhere else, and no links to any other nissan site on the gtrproto website.

seems suss

It's real all right, nothing sus about it. Go to www.nissan.co.jp then click on "What's New" then click on "30th Tokyo Motor Show" then select "Line up" and there you have it, with only 5 days to go.

Cheers

Am I missing something, or why is everyone going on about "it doesn't look like a Skyline"?

didn't nissan say that they were dropping the "skyline" name and only calling it the "Nissan GT-R", making it a top of the line Nissan sports car?

It does have Skyline GTR cues such as the rear lights, but it looks as the concept of a Nissan premium sports car should - swoopy, low etc... not a 2 door sedan based on a taxi!!!!

man thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! who cares if it looks like a skyline or not! just think better performance, better handling (looks are bias anyways). i just hope they dont slap on a rideculous price tag making it impossable for me to own until im old and my heart cant take any heavy accellartion :s if that thing is under 150,000 then its awesome!

again, i'm gonna remain skeptical until i can see one made out of metal but if it turns out looking anything like the pics, i'm gonna be well pleased. i think it looks great!

now, don't get me wrong, i LOVE the styling of all the lines in the past... every single one of them! but while they were competitors to "supercars" like the fezza's, lambos, porches and the like when it came to the drive, they simply didn't stack up in aesthetics, lets face it.

i'd never say the skyline is a "beautiful" car. its hugely attractive and definately hotter cos its just so purposeful and i still touch my skyline's panels and get all fuzzy in the legs and want to whisper little things to it about how sexy it is, but the cars that are truly beautiful i'd say come from the pen of bertone or pininfarina or scaglietti.

jaw-dropping ferrari 355s or 430s etc. tvr's completely hot and unique looks. the aerodynamic sophistication of porsches. lets face it, even the likes of the later model rx-7's... they're all "gorgeous" swoopy cars. now i'd STILL rather be driving my line, but they are what automotive beauty is all about.

if this new prototype does turn out being anything like the pics, i say great! its styling is much more outrageous and avantgarde and, well, supercar than any of its predecessors and i think its about time nissan built a car that competes on EVERY level compared to the poms and italians and germans.

*hops off soapbox and makes a dash to cover*

d

i hate the way people are making cars look * FUTURISTIC * and copying the way movies have made futuristic cars look......i think all modern cars are copying them looks EG: making them shit

i beleive thats an embarrasment to the GTR name

doesnt look to bad but ill wait till i see it in the flesh. they better fix up a few thigs first before i hand over my hard earned. <_<

at least they have another two years to get it right and make it look tougher. the way a gtr is meant to be!!!!! :)