SAU Community

Vic Sau Club ?

HIZOKU

me and a group of friends are looking to join a car club and do some track racing hill climbs and so on i was wondering

how often are events ??

do you mind if the car is non nissan ?

what tracks do you race at ?? pretty much all of them in vic i guess ??

and is there any thing else i sould know that is not in the info sticky thing above ?

This year we joined in with the WRX club on thier track events. There were about 6-7 of them i think.

Non-nissan cars are welcome - the only thing SAU Vic doesn't like is stupid behaviour.

Tracks we race at are P.I, Winton, Sandown, Calder, and there was a hillclimb but don't think any of the SAU guys did it, just the WRX guys.

We are all a pretty friendly bunch, but be careful of the wang guys that go out the night before track-days, it can get messy :)

Hey there,

SAU Vic runs an annual motorsports competition in conjunction with the WRX Club of Victoria. This year there were 7 events (was supposed to be 8 but one was cancelled) and they were held at Calder Park, Winton Raceway, Sandown and Phillip Island between Feburary and October. Also there was a hill-climb event available at Morwell and we had a club motokhana day at DECA in July and have a second one coming up in November.

On top of this the regular track goers from the club participate in other club track events such as the up-coming Maserati Day at Sandown and a few others are looking at attending the Alfa Club day at Phillip Island in December.

Our club is not biased towards veichles. Infact in our competition we have had club members running in Silvia's, Supra's, EVO's, Liberties, a Volvo and a TX5 (that can never lose!). So all are welcome to come and join us for some fun.

The club is CAMS affiliated so our members can sign up for a license no problems and we have plenty of regular track goers that can help point you in the right direction of requirements if your just starting out. Hope that answers all you questions for now.

Cheers

Snowy.

Our club is not biased towards veichles. Infact in our competition we have had club members running in Silvia's, Supra's, EVO's, Liberties, a Volvo and a TX5 (that can never lose!). So all are welcome to come and join us for some fun.

Cool so i can still hang around when ive got my S14 and sold my 33? If it helps ill throw an RB in it :)

Cool so i can still hang around when ive got my S14 and sold my 33? If it helps ill throw an RB in it :P

Oh yeah, totally biased towards Skylines.

I recall a recent committee meeting where we had a Mazda6, a Laser, a Ford ute, a WRX, a Daewoo, a Gemini and a Lada :)

Oh yeah, totally biased towards Skylines.

I recall a recent committee meeting where we had a Mazda6, a Laser, a Ford ute, a WRX, a Daewoo, a Gemini and a Lada :ph34r:

lol! so true.

We all driving our dailys bombs :)

Why needs to drive a sky less than 5kms?

lol dont u have a sprinter now inark ?? toyo fan i love nissans well dream car is a r33 gtr but it seems every car i buy or even look at is a toyota ??

but im coming down to sandow this weekend just to get a taste of every thing and have a looksie around but a good chance i will be joining the club so i can annoy you all