SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

GMB - I have Steve Caplice engineering the car, and I have an sr20de to drop in, I would like to go turbo, but on a bit of a budget, I might strap on a turbo later on for power to weight ratios around Ferarri territory :P

Anyway, I just picked up a steering rack from Todd, which lines up very nicely, and hopefully picking up a pair of hubs from Damo tomorrow - if he hasnt fogotten me and tells me where from - hint, hint :P

GMB - I have Steve Caplice engineering the car, and I have an sr20de to drop in, I would like to go turbo, but on a bit of a budget, I might strap on a turbo later on for power to weight ratios around Ferarri territory >_<

Anyway, I just picked up a steering rack from Todd, which lines up very nicely, and hopefully picking up a pair of hubs from Damo tomorrow - if he hasnt fogotten me and tells me where from - hint, hint :w00t:

Ah your in good hands then :D

Sounds like its coming along pretty well for you, whats the plan for it: track, hill climbs, weekender???

Progress on my car isn't bad but i need to borrow a stock afm asap before i can do much more :banana:

well a big update for me.

surge tank and fuel system is in and running. oil cooler fitted. 25mm spacers and guard flaring done. injectors in and working. power FC in, modified and running. basicly only heaps of very minor jobs to do and its all finished.

i took it for a quick spin around the yard :D and i think it will be ok. haha.

How good are the guards though!!!!!! I have NEVER seen a set of guards rolled and flared so well, it's just a shame the rest of the work on the car isn't quite at that high standard.

Definatly in good hands ;)

But I can sympathise with you tho - sometimes parts just seem to fall out of the sky, other times... well

I am thinking the car will mostly be for weekend blats around back roads, but definatly a few hillclimbs, sprints and track days - Hopefully giving you skyline boys a run for your money :)

Definatly in good hands :D

But I can sympathise with you tho - sometimes parts just seem to fall out of the sky, other times... well

I am thinking the car will mostly be for weekend blats around back roads, but definatly a few hillclimbs, sprints and track days - Hopefully giving you skyline boys a run for your money :(

Tell me about it, all i need to do is borrow one for about an hour and then i can progress.

Looks like i will be doing other things over the weekend now instead of working on the car ;)

• 2 weeks later...
hasn't your car been off the rd for almost 2yrs now glover?? what's going on with it?

Pretty close to its 2nd Birthday yeah :D

The car is ready but experiencing a few little electrical problems stopping me at the moment. Just waiting to get some coin together to get someone to look at it then hopefully turn the key so its running then tidy everything up, install parts and tune.

Busy this weekend with a wedding but *touch wood* i can get someone to look at it next week and have it running :)

My FMIC & Coilovers arrived from GReddy Japan finally and are getting fitted on my R34 GTR tomorrow! I'm soooooo excited!

Still searching for a nice carbon fibre bonnet, some ganadors will be going on soon too I think, a few other little things, clear indicators etc then new Deeeeeeeep Dish rims (My R34 GTR Rims will be for sale!) and then on to some internal work and making my final decision on what turbo/turbos to run....

So exciting :D

Pretty close to its 2nd Birthday yeah :P

The car is ready but experiencing a few little electrical problems stopping me at the moment. Just waiting to get some coin together to get someone to look at it then hopefully turn the key so its running then tidy everything up, install parts and tune.

Busy this weekend with a wedding but *touch wood* i can get someone to look at it next week and have it running :P

what kind of problems dude? i can have a look for you, know rb wiring pretty well now :P

what kind of problems dude? i can have a look for you, know rb wiring pretty well now :ninja:

Going to remove the starter motor and bench test it to make 100% sure its ok then just go over all the wiring again.

I will be calling on Pimping Kustoms to do my gauges though :(