SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

putting a new clutch in the car in the second week of november . Hoping to enter the hill climb at baskerville.

I'm already entered :-) better hurry and get a spot :-p I can't wait for basky

Hey guys, just something to note.

Went down to a place called Clark Racing in invermay got a fair bit there & the stuff they don't they can get more or less straight away, nice people there too also same with prices. Looking to get some work done there any one had any thing to do with them?

Hey guys, just something to note.

Went down to a place called Clark Racing in invermay got a fair bit there & the stuff they don't they can get more or less straight away, nice people there too also same with prices. Looking to get some work done there any one had any thing to do with them?

Hey Drumstick

Couldn't reccomend them more. I bought a black 33 last month that was pretty well stock. Took it down there and had a talk to maurice and sorted out some new parts to upgrade from stock. I got fmic, new bov, pod, kkr turbo, 3" exhaust plus some other bits and pieces. I got it back Saturday and they have done a top job i couldn't be happier. No problems so far but i'm trying to get some km's into my turbo before we wind some boost into it so the proof will be in the pudding. I'll definitely be going back when i'm ready to upgrade more parts, they are very friendly and easy to deal with, and there prices are very competitive.

If u see me round say hi and we'll have a chat i'm driving a black r33 with white rims and no rear wing. Its my first post here so im hoping to meet some people round the Launceston area who also drive skylines :down:

Cheers

Brad

25 neo head?

i forgot all about the cam covers. they are Neo covers, but they have been put in to trick people.

i call shotgun for that engine in my car :-P

ill put some details up when the engine is finaly back and running.

but for now its a Rb25de head off out of a late model r32 (so non VVT) that ive made an adapter plate up to make the entire GTR intake side fit up to.

this head is very similar to an rb20 head and i will be starting on another adapter plate for Sav man soon to fit a rb20det

Yeah Shane heard that too bud! Very quick, very nice...

Yeah Brad i was in there looking over ya car when it was in the shop looks very shmik mate, yea bud i will no doubt see you around and will stop to say hi. Still trying to meet everyone that i supposedly say i'm gonna say hi to on here lol...

hey guy

my car has been off the road for 5 weeks now :) blown head gasket thought while it was off the road i would do a 100,000km service freshen it up a bit and iron out my tune alittle bit for summer hopefully it'llbe back on the road by christmas.

Did a clutch at Symmons on Sunday.

Apparently you shouldn't be able to have it in gear, with the handbrake on and your foot off the clutch... :s

Pulling the box out this week to see what was in it, how much damage has been done and what I need to buy to get it mobile again.

Unfortunately this also means spending money I dont have so it will no doubt be off the road for a bit now cause I am not gonna just buy a cheap clutch and throw in to get it going, do it once, do it right. :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

What clutch did you go with??

I just fitted an Xtreme Motorsports DSBMS Clutch Kit

Had big shudder issues when first fitted but appear to have eased a bit. Reverse is a killer still though.

Not sure but I think the fact its AWD doesn't help much, if you dump the clutch a bit harder it feels like the front diff is trying to climb out from under the car now.

I have spoken with Xtreme about this and we are working on a solution.

Be good to see how it copes come the Highclere Hillclimb next weekend. :bunny: