SAU Community

New Skyline From The Auctions

mazz

i bought a r33 gts-t from the auctions. sounded sweet, drove fine. Got the 100,000 service and mechanic said its fine. then i started noticing shocking fuel consumption!!1 like 290 off the whole tank and alot of black smoke on the muffler. ive driven it for a month and decided to check the oil and its almost all gone :S

does this mean the engine is dead? or something else???

cheers

Edited by mazz

yeah like there doesnt seem to be a huge leak of oil any where :S could the mechanic have forgottent o put oil in(doubt it). im not worried about the black smoke cuz i think its petrol not oil but where did the oil go?

the car drives normally, th eoil pressure seems fine and so are the temps? there is no gray/white smoke :S

Edited by mazz

Change the oil again and check it every day to see how much oil it is using.

Black smoke means its running rich - not oily so you may not need to rebuild the engine. It may just need to be looked at by someone who knows what they are doing.

A *little* oil around there is not a big issue, but check the O2 sensor thread. Apparently Nissan recommends changing that sensor every 40,000K's and I doubt your mechanic did that. Then hit up the spark plugs if he didn't change those, if he did, find out what went in there and check that they are the right gap and heat rating.

After all that, reset ECU and let it relearn?

Wat happens is the seal on the turbo goes and it will suk oil through the turbo and out the exhaust

it happened to my TX3T and i needed a total engine rebuild + turbo rebuild and a mates 2.6t sigma engine just rebuilt with no turbo rebuild and his shot oil out of the exhaust

a turbo rebuild solved it

yeah im with R31Nismod heer, if u had low oil ud see the warning lighjt and ur oil pressure would be low :S make sure u check the oil after then engine has been off for a while so it can collect,

cheers

btw if there is no grey/white smoke then ur engine is probably fine, if ur losing oil it might be a gasket somewhere, you should get it checked out either way

Edited by bazz