SAU Community

1st Summer 05 Sau Cruise/bbq

4door_Sleeper

good cruise guys, i enjoyed winding roads and the warm weather untill it started 2 rain. When the rain started on some big bend, i could feel my back end comming out, thank god for 4 wheel steer.

Also, the scariest thing happend, at the start of the cruise... on a sharp long left turn, i sware this 180sx on the other side of the rd missed me by cm's, he was at least a meter in on my side of the rd...

Yeh i noticed most were r33's, would have been nice 2 c some r34's and a few more GTR's...maybe next time, as the weather will be getting better so we should do this again soon.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, excellent cruise, thanks guy!

nice too meet you all and cant wait to do it all again one day :blink:

When the rain started on some big bend, i could feel my back end comming out, thank god for 4 wheel steer.

do you guys run 4 wheel steer, mine has a lock bar. and with coilovers [low, hard]

wheelspin is a issue, especially in the wet :blink:

great cruise, was really fun through the twisties.

Also, the scariest thing happend, at the start of the cruise... on a sharp long left turn, i sware this 180sx on the other side of the rd missed me by cm's, he was at least a meter in on my side of the rd...

i think you where behind us on the corner, my brother had to swerve, he was cm's from our car too, the guy in the (180sx/300zx) was heaps far into our lane!... scary stuff..

great cruise though :D

Edited by wyzokie

Big thanks to Guy and all for a great day. Great route spoilt only by the rain and some shitty traffic.

Very nice cars that you all have, put the old poverty pack beast to shame.

Gee, didn't notice any traction problems though. mmmm, oh yes thats right, bugger all rwkw does that. :D

Apologies to anyone I didn't speak with, I was in full bullsh_t mode most of the day.

Lets do it again soon.

Cheers

do you guys run 4 wheel steer, mine has a lock bar. and with coilovers [low, hard]

lol i dunno if i use it or not, just whatever i did made me stay straight n not sideways lol

maybe next time we have a get together, ill get u guys to have a look at my car n tell me what its got, i know sum stuff about cars but not that much :P

i think you where behind us on the corner, my brother had to swerve, he was cm's from our car too, the guy in the (180sx/300zx) was heaps far into our lane!... scary stuff..

bloody idiot...prob thought hed show off when he saw the first few skylines....

the best guy was near the end...the guy hanging out the window shouting "YEAHHHHHHH" lol

throughout cruise towards gods know where - i didnt have a map, but the 1st stop point, the white mr2 was close to my arse. now i have an open mind bout cars but i didnt know that it was that fast, didnt happen to be turbs was it (bathurst edn?) - im sure i heard a psshh of some sort from it. either way, nice car you have their mate.

yeah Julian's MR2 definitely is turbs - I went for a burn in it for a while on the cruise - it is remarkably fast, and I had underestimated it too!! It is very weird having the blow-off valve 'pssssht' coming from behind your head!

I went for a burn in it for a while on the cruise

taking bout going for a burn, i wonder how the s15 would have coped on those twisties in the hills - i think that where we were heading back to adel. could have shown us some powerslide/power over demonstrations - i know i know you aint into drifting :P . but thats the exact reason why the sil80 didnt come out, hills+tight corners+wet roads+sr20=shit my pants. on that note, how was your controlling of the 200sx Leo? any of these mentioned desciptions happen to you? :lol:

yeah I was too paranoid about bending/scraping it on the cruise to take her in the hills (as you know both bumpers plus some other bits were painted at Prestige last week). But she is totally built for it - you would not believe the speed you can push it into corners and she just leans in and holds. But yes, it is suprisingly easy if you don't know what you are doing to unweight and start sliding. It is all about tyre choice really .... pretty much all tyres up to my current set would spin up in the twisties. Except of course my Toyo T1-S that lasted a whole 7,000km of street use :P

pretty much all tyres up to my current set would spin up in the twisties

that would have been a nice challenge against Will's ls1 and of corse viewing pleasure. who can spin their wheels the most and longest :) surprisingly nobody challenged him, were such a bunch of pansy's!! :P

throughout cruise towards gods know where - i didnt have a map, but the 1st stop point, the white mr2 was close to my arse. now i have an open mind bout cars but i didnt know that it was that fast, didnt happen to be turbs was it (bathurst edn?) - im sure i heard a psshh of some sort from it. either way, nice car you have their mate.

hehe yeah, its a jap spec mr2... none of this non-turbo aus spec nonsense :D

handles like a gokart - much fun :D

suspension is pretty stiff combined with 40 profile tyres, its skips alot over bumpy surfaces which isn't so good through corners.

Considering it's virtually stock, it goes alright. Would love to do some mods, but I have other financial plans so it's hard to justify :D

I am very impressed with the grip/handling of S15's... my mate has one and it is amazing.

As you say Andrew, tyre choice is a big factor. Think I might give some Potenza S03's a go for my next set. They come highly recommended.

i bet the mr2 handles like a go-kart.

my sil80 doesnt like to grip at all, must be the advan avoera's i have.

for the next cruise, would be nice to see some variety in the skyline family...more 34's and r32's not to mention stagea's

Speaking of Stagea's where where you bwilkinson???????? still havn't seen your machine yet! Definatly need some 34's hint hint Andrew hint hint. My mate will be getting his 2 door black 34 soon, from compliance! will have to get him out also!

Edited by Deluxe

Sorry didn't make it to the BBQ on Sunday and get to meet you all. Sporting a real good hang over and wanted to get back home before it got dark and those large grass hoppers (Roos) started getting around. Was a good day apart from the rain. Keep me posted for the next one.