SAU Community

Complete Audio Setup

dezz

Alright guys. with the 33 in japan waiting to be shipped over, im starting to look at alarms and audio gear.

I'm after some advice/suggestions from those who actually understand all the jibberish i know nothing about :P

I'm basically looking at all pioneer gear, coz thats just how i am :)

If you guys could reccomend a whole set up, including fronts/tweeters etc, rears, subs, and amps to power the speakers/subs....

basically, im not looking to spend any ridiculous amounts, but dont let that make you hold back to much etc....im open to any suggestions at this point...

basically, one 12" sub would probably do the job in a 2 door 33....and there isnt that much boot space so yeah...but dont hold back on the 2 X 12" setups either.

the music i listen to is Rap, RnB and house/techno...if that helps.

feel free to link me to each part of your suggested setup :)

Pioneer Car Audio

at this stage, ill probably be buying this headunit

but again, any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Michael

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

while there isn't anything wrong with an all-pioneer system, but i feel a mix/match approach selecting components you like the sound of from different manufacturers may give you a better and probably cheaper result.

man, if i was you i'd shoot marty (fhrx studios) a message. he will have a system he can recommend to suit pretty much any budget and he's a nice guy to boot.

Clicky!!!!

best of luck!

david

yeah, you probably could get a less expensive system if you made it up of different brands....its just that i really do favor pioneer gear, and the consistency of having it all the same is another thing I like

still, i'll wait to see what people come up with.

thing is, with amps etc, they can be mounted on the back of sub boxes etc, which makes them invisible 99% of the time, so pioneer amps may not be essential....same with speakers i guess.

also not to familiar with R33 systems...so not sure how the parcel shelf etc is done, and what it can fit etc....also what can fit in the front, where to mount tweeters etc...

but i definitely want a proper system this time. I absolutely love music, i listen to it literally 90% of everyday i'd say, so i want a good system in my next car.

at the moment ive just got a pioneer headunit (a decent 1) and a set of un amped 330W pioneer 6x9's in the parcel shelf of a 1990 TX5 5 door hatch. they actually give pretty decent bass in there, but the fronts are some clarion shitters, so yeah, nothin to special in that car

well, what does that leave you?? if you hide your woofers, amps and speakers you'll see your headunit :P and i'm sure you could put pioneer badges and logos everywhere if you want to look really loyal to your brand :)

i'd have a set of splits in the front. sub (or 2 if you like) in the boot. no rear speakers (DEATH TO REAR SPEAKERS!!!!). all the necessary aplification and a good headie. that is all.

d

no rears...wtf that'd be shit! the music would only be coming from in front of u, and bass from behind

also, i want the potential to get a good install done at a later date, that was another reason to go for all pioneer.

post-22515-1129633883.jpg

i like this guys install, but if i did that, id be using pio amps just coz im like that lol

well, actually, rear speakers decrease sound quality and authenticity significantly (imaging - the feeling of the music being on stage infront of you).

i'll never put rears in a car unless they're for a proper surround system and i won't be doing that until you can buy decent sacd headunits.

i like pioneer gear but it does lack in some areas. i have used pioneer componets in all my cars. for you if you only want to use pioneer gear i would do one of these 2

1. (higher cost)

head unit: DEH-P8650MP

fronts: TS-C160R

front amp: GM-5100T

rears: TS-A1681S (run off head unit)

sub:TS-W12PRS

sub amp:GM-D510M

2. good sound better price

head unit:DEH-P5750MP

fronts: TS-C1625

amp: GM-6100F ( will run sub and fronts)

rears:TS-A1681S (run off head unit)

sub:TS-W306C

just to put a spin on things in my 71 capri i use

pioneer deh-p9450mp

fronts are the pioneer TS-C160R

front amp is a cadence Q3000

sub is a jl audio w3

sub amp kicker kx 400.1

the gtr has

head unit:DEH-P5750MP

fronts: kicker splits

amp: jl audio e4300

sub: 2x jl audo w1

amp 2x jl audio 500.1

in my cars i dont find the need for rear speakersas they are set up correctly.

i had never heard ot the idea of not having rears. seems wo weird to me.

anyway, thanks for the setups...ill price each part up and see what i like etc. and by not amping the rears, thats like meeting you guys half way on your no rear speakers theory :P

I took my rears out and noticed a major gain in my sound quality. I also dropped they Hz range of the sub back, so it was far from directional sound. Now the sub actually sounds as if it is in FRONT of me, which is ace.

Id lean towards a different headunit, Id go eclipse (sp?), they really are tops.

And DO NOT FORGET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, sound deadening. Make those doors deader than your great great uncles first gold fish. Id also stick to one good quality sub.

Finally, as much as you might like pinoneer, go listen to as many brands as posible, you might find as much as the pinoneer are good, you like something else much better.

i wont be going with either of the headuints suggested above. ive currently got the DEH-P5750MP in my current car, but gonna move up to the DEH-P1Y

i really like the look of it, and its got all the features ive got atm, + more so cant really go wrong with it i guess.

sound deadening, i'd obviously have to invest in that stuff as well if i want this to be a proper setup

any idea of rough costs to do it to an R33?

i wont be going with either of the headuints suggested above. ive currently got the DEH-P5750MP in my current car, but gonna move up to the DEH-P1Y

i really like the look of it, and its got all the features ive got atm, + more so cant really go wrong with it i guess.

sound deadening, i'd obviously have to invest in that stuff as well if i want this to be a proper setup

any idea of rough costs to do it to an R33?

thats a good head unit. yeh sound deadening would be advised

as for install cost it depends on what you choose i would est. at $400-500 just for install + $150-200 or sound deadening

but for a custom install like the one you showed it prob around 1300-1500 including deadening

for the doors 150-200

if yo want to do the boot as well (if you want betteri n car sound quality) then i would do the bootas well so add about the same150-200. you may be able to get away with not doing the boot. but will depend on who does it.

Edited by mr 32

cool, will have to look into it.

anyway, i like to see things "on paper" so to speak, so here we go...

unfortunately i cant figure out how to draw lines etc with photoshop, or i would have connected whats powering what etc

post-22515-1129712480.jpgpost-22515-1129712514.jpg

you'll have to budget more than $150-$200 on sound deadening methinks! if i could deaden a car for that i'd go into business!

and i think you'll find that installation, depending on how flashy you want it and how good you want it to sound, will cost you a damn sight more than $4-500. i spent close to that on wiring/terminations etc and all the little things (they'll add up! i promise you!!!).

like i said, i think you'd be best off speaking with marty (or, realistically, any installer with product knowledge at a reputable store).

cheers!

d