SAU Community

Rb20/30 Build

DRIFTER

this particular rb20 comes on boost at 5000rpm and makes power untill 6000rpm, not good for drift, the 6000rpm sign off is not head flow related, rather cam related so the 26 cams should help there. an engine that signs off early is not as bad as an engine that comes on late. in drift racing, response is everything. hence the 30 bottom end.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 100% sure its headflow/cam related.

Does it have a really nice equal length manifold?

Run a crap manifold and you WILL see top end power fall over early.

Roy's RB20DET running the TD06-20G is an extremely good example of this, power holds up really really well compared to other 20t's. The only real difference appears to be the exhaust manifold.

Edited by Cubes

pulled everthing apart yesturday, its amazing how small those rb20 valves are. i priced an rb25 engine today but with big injectors i just havn't got the money at the moment. it dosn't look like too much work to get the 20 head to fit so i think i'll just build a strong bottom end and just whack the 20 head on until i can afford the 25 head.

what timing belt and idler pulley should i use, whats the best way to get the block lower in the engine bay? what do i need to do with the oil restrictors?

ok ok ok a mate bolted a rb20det head onto a rb30 bottom end in a r31 skyline.. (old shitter just for a joke)

the head will bolt straight on how ever the compression ratio worked out to be between 11.5:1 and 12:1

not exactly good for turbo application.. sure excellant response

made 12psi by 1800rpm from memory with standard turbo that motor is now dead.. but it was worth it for the time that it lasted and it did a great skid lol

Wazz