SAU Community

Air

teka

I think they vary from model to model, even within models (mine has just pooed itself, the magnetic clutch doesn't engage. Not pleasant having 40 deg hot air coming out the face vents).

I have to get it out of the car to find the model / part number.

Yeah, unfortunately Nissan in there infinite wisdom made every models air-con different. I know that R33 GTS-t's air-con goes after 8-10 years, and a replacement from the wrecker is about $400. This is before you have it flushed, fitted and re-gassed.

See'ya:burnout:

Thanks for the info guys,

if you do remove the compressor yourself can you just bolt up the new one and get it gassed up or as GTS-t VSPEC do you have to get it flushed?.

Or should you just leave it up to the air-con people

blind_elk I agree on 40c heat

Its likely it still has the 'ozone-unfriendly' type of gas. You need to get it reclaimed by a qualified / licenced operator. Then get it re-gassed with R134A (I think that's the current grade).

if the compressor has siezed then it has other problems,as well as the metal now in the system.most of the ones i see it is the pulley bearing has over heated and burnt the front of the compressor.

it will need a dryer[filter] and tx valve[expansion valve]

early rb20det use the compressor of a 2.4 pintara.these have the hoses on topf/r. the later types are at the rear and are harder to find.

simply put a filter PAG OIL and R134a.at worst an R12 setup will run 10-20 psi higher pressure on the low side.the tx valve will fix that.