SAU Community

What are the differences btween R33 GTS25T Series 1 and 2??

Originally posted by Sir R33

the differences are twin airbags, front bar with foglights, bonnet, interior trim is a lot better looking, better rear wing, switch for electric aerial, slightly different dash and the centre piece between the reverse lights are painted body colour. Overall they are a much better looking car:thumbsup: :D

For the switch for electic aerial.... are you talking about the one under the steering wheel that you and adjust the height between full length and half height???? If so My Skyline has that and is only a series I????

See, that's why you're not allowed to ask this question. Everyone starts arguing about freeking plastic wheels. Can you tell just by looking?

Someone please do a faq for

series 1 v 2 r33

vspec v normal gtr

hicas light on

and reduce my blood pressure.

Duncan,,,I love it,,,,Also gives me a chance to bag out all the s1's....

Nissan go it right with the S2 Front bar,,,Right hand side air intake is for an Engine Oil Cooler,,,middle is for the FMIC and the left one is for Cold air Intake for the Air Cleaner,,,and all uninpeeded.

Try THAT with a S1.

Neil.

theres alot of series 1's around now with series 2 kits!

and most of the r33's in aus are series 1, they tend to be the cheaper 1'c 2!!:D

Sir 33 RESTEKPA BRO

Turbos are the same, fantastic.

maybe it spools quicker due to computer changes or some other crap, but please PLASTIC WHEEL, i mean plastic, for real??

why would they do this to a car that starts with like 187KW and that is where it starts. I am sure once upon a time someone stuffed their wheel (dunno how etc) and then on some forum they said "boosted it till it felt like my ribs were in the back seat and then turbo carked it, dang impeller wheel...BLOODY THING IS LIKE PLASTIC" and someone took it seriously.

but yeah ring nissan and check part numbers.

same part number must be same part?? unless they go and change the wheel to a plastic one if you tell them it is a 1996

Anyways I am going to try and get an answer from Nissan or something official.

NO_RSPECT

If they are plastic wheels on s2's dont underestimate the strenght of the new form of plastics! New new plastics have a greater thermal restance/strenght than some steel and the plastic is not what breaks off on the turbo, its the way they join the plastic to the metal shaft is where the weak point is!