Wakefield Raceway

dezzabye123

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd defintely be keen. Never been down before, and would rather not go to a day where the track is packed (if thats possible, I doubt it!!)

I'll be waiting for new year though, I don't imagine a stock intercooler likes the heat down there at the moment :blink:

I'd defintely be keen.  Never been down before, and would rather not go to a day where the track is packed (if thats possible, I doubt it!!)

I'll be waiting for new year though, I don't imagine a stock intercooler likes the heat down there at the moment :)

Yeah thats the same for me although as long as your only running stock boost and not doing like 10 laps in a row going all out its not so bad, but very true would be better to wait till the weather cools down. although im starting to get an itchy right foot again.

Also the best day to go down is friday if your going to stay the night, so you get a long weekend and when you get home on saturday you've still got the rest of the weekend....... even if that is reserved for making it up to the girlfriend cause you just spent more money on that STUPID CAR. :D

Some great times guys. I went to the recent Circuit Club day where there is official timing. I didn't take the GT-R. I took my little Mazda MX-5 and got a 1.16 in the time attack (you get one warmup lap then one timed lap then one cooldown lap).

It was a very very hot day so everyone's times were slower for sure. Here's the results:

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....12/2005.WAKE.S2

Embarassed quite a few cars which are potentially much faster my little MX-5 (stock engine of-course!) :(

Went for a spin today at Wakefield Park. A shit load of bikes were there, man some of them are stir fry crazy. :D Track was good, car felt great and passed quite a few, including a Ferrari 360.. :D Surprised a few when they found out it's an auto NA.

Go the Zed, Ports and you have become a Motorsport Nut in last six months since we corrupted you at yoiur first track day there earlier this year.

I went out yesterday to a invitation only Christmass Event run by Gulf Western and lots of nice cars and lots of race cars that looked fast but got in the way a lot and not a lot of track time as there were HEAPs of cars there. Ron ( Wizard) was in it with us in his auto twin turbo zed and looked like fastest road car there. I think driving had a lot to do with it.

I also had the slot car wound up well and did a 1: 6.57. and no V drinking. In car transponer so proper timing not my mate with favourable stop watch he he.

106 now!  I don't know how you do it Ports.  Mine is auto too which is good for surprising people.

Hey Adam

I'm flattered that you have me down for such a low time at WP, but I think you'll find it was another boat, Boosted Zed, that hit 1.06's. I'm still up for 16's. ;)