SAU Community

Need New Isp Any Ideas

C yar

Im not saying where I work. But I dont work at Amnet.

Seriously why would you need a faster speed than 8MBps?

What will allow you to use up your connection?

Almost any FTP, download source, etc will normally cap out around 50k.

Thats 512k speeds.

Theres so little incentive to increase your speeds beyond 1.5MB unless you share your connection with others in the house. Even most torrents at the best of times I get 50k /sec as your waiting in queues and I refuse to use open ones like kazaa instead sticking to secure ones, because you always end up getting the wrong thins (tards rename it), the companies whos material it is trace it, quality sucks so many bad reasons not to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I *was* with Amnet and I had 8/1 when I was in East Perth.

I was regularly getting 800k/s off international and local torrent files (linux isos of course)

The upload speed was excellent as well, being able to keep my ratio (for linux iso sharing of course) with the 100k/s upload speeds.

I also ran two web sites off the link and knowing that I could still easily get linux isos down at 600k/s and upload at 60k/s without affecting my web sites performance was a bonus!

Im not saying where I work. But I dont work at Amnet.

Seriously why would you need a faster speed than 8MBps?

What will allow you to use up your connection?

Almost any FTP, download source, etc will normally cap out around 50k.

Thats 512k speeds.

Theres so little incentive to increase your speeds beyond 1.5MB unless you share your connection with others in the house. Even most torrents at the best of times I get 50k /sec as your waiting in queues and I refuse to use open ones like kazaa instead sticking to secure ones, because you always end up getting the wrong thins (tards rename it), the companies whos material it is trace it, quality sucks so many bad reasons not to use it.

people always say why do you need more speed...

they are the people with slow internet. haah

torrents have no max speed... faster internet = faster torrents.

iinet 24mbit is the best internet in perth, hands down.

But at what cost.

If you want to get the cheep deal you have to transfer all of your home phone services to them as with other isp's you don't.

I am with Amnet and I have a 8/1 connection and I have not found any international site that I can flood my connection with except local sites (when downloading Linux files of course).

There are plenty of other isp's out there all you have to do is look for them.

A good place to start is Wingepool http://www.whirlpool.net.au as previously mentioned but as always it comes down to how much you want to pay a month.

Edited by Hotrod