SAU Community

Need New Isp Any Ideas

C yar

Hi Guys, as the tittle sugests, i want to change ISP, can anyone sugest good ISP, want DSL 256/64 10 gig download at lowest posisible cost. heheheheh me a tight ass

at the moment im with ozemail and am not happy

thanks

Im with iiNET 12335/1024 10GB on peak and 10GB off peak.

Downloads at 1265k per second but costs $49.95 + you need to get your home phone with them thats $29.95 per month.

ozemail is owned and run by IInet and yes there customer service is crap, for the last week i have been calling 2 times a day and on hold for more than 35 mins and still no answer, and this is only to get through to the accounts / admin not faults. this is one of the reason i am changing

Has anyone heard of or uses ISP "curl" http://curl.com.au/dsl/ there 256/64 plans sounds good and you get 15gig not 10 gig

I second that comment on iinet.

Speed is good but customer service is shite. Went through some major hassles just to relocate when I moved house.

Also, check your invoices - they'd been charging me for things I didn't have for over 6 months. After 2 phone calls and numerous emails I think they may have got it sorted.

I even tried to give them constructive feedback about the hassels I'd had with them over the last few months, but unfortunately only got a fairly defensive reply..

Hey dude,

I'm with iinet to, and i have to agree with all the previous comments about them...

If you want customer service, the only company to go with is Westnet... the only prob is that they are a little more expensive, but the service is 110%!

dunno if you know the whirlpool forums, but they are all about australian broadband and there is heaps of info about all the providers there :)

http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

hope that helps :)

Im with westnet atm at home and they are excellent customer service rocks because i never have to ring them about anything thier service is flawless thats why they win customer satisfaction awards every year. And im a gamer so thier speed is excellent aswell im on 1.5/256 at home

thanks guys, i am planning on moving to westnet but im having real trouble getting in contact with ozemail to cancel my connection. i was on hold for near on 1 hour today again and still didnt get through, i sent 2 emails to them today to call me, no call and no reply to my email.

ARRGGHHHHHHH !!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
lol westnet lol

You can not get better internet in perth then iinet on an iislam.

nuff said.

If you dont want service dont go iinet go Amnet much better not as fast but you dont have to get iiphone (Phone makes ALOT more money than broadband hence they bundle). Amnet is really good for the price and quick.

Also with iinet you need to consider the speeds offer are a MAXIMUM.This is dependant on factors such as SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio), Attenuation, Cable distane (which really influences the other two), Modem brand, model and make (Different chipsets work better and worse than others) and your in house cabling / devices (that may or may not worsen the quality).

Anyways.

Service - Westnet

Speed - IInet

Speed / Price - Amnet

Hope it helps!

*P.S. im sure most companies will be offering VOIP very soon, I wouldnt let this influence your decision. VOIP will be common very soon, in the end I prefer home phone and my mobile cap plan. I use home phone for when people call me and mobile to call people. Works the easiest as I dont need to be at home and on the internet to make a call!

Edited by decipher

i wouldnt say amnet is for speed at all..

Their fastest connection is upto 8,000kbs

and just like iinets.. its upto not a guaranteed speed.. except there 4x as slow as iinet.

Do you work for amnet or something?

Edited by Driver

Unless iinet can garuntee tha you'll be on an iislam I'd go westnet. If you're not on one of their dslams you'll end up paying alot for 1500/128.

My personal story involves 4 weeks of f**king around with telstra and iinet trying to get them to talk to each other to fix THEIR own problems (invalid database entry) until I said f**k it and rang westnet, was all sorted within a few hours.