SAU Community

Wheel Identification

dojobi

Hi all,

I found a pic of these mags a while back, and now I'm considering getting them (if they're cheap enough). Can anyone identify them? I've tried searching all over the net and can't find them. Even just a brand would help.

Cheers,

Michael

post-90-1133428087.jpg

Yes I failed to mention that the real deal is called Work Equipe. Will be WAY more expensive than the Starcorp replicas.

When it comes to rims, go Jap/Euro or go home. :blink:

Edited by Wink

Yes I failed to mention that the real deal is called Work Equipe. Will be WAY more expensive than the Starcorp replicas.

When it comes to rims, go Jap/Euro or go home.  :blink:

Yeah, Work certainly aren't known for being cheap. They make good rims though. I'll have to do a bit of research on them before I even consider getting them. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Michael

And the fact that the work wheels are full 3 piece wheels available in almost any size/offset, whereas the starcorp ones are only available in one or 2 withs per size with generic high offsets

I have more than 6" dish on mine (widebody Cima) :D

At the last SAU NSW cruise, there were about a half a dozen people with those rims.

I was considering them for a while too, but when I had a look at them closely I just found that they looked cheap. Nothing I can write out, but when I look at the finish and the edges of the spokes, it just says "dodgy chinese knock-off" wheel.

At the last SAU NSW cruise, there were about a half a dozen people with those rims.

I was considering them for a while too, but when I had a look at them closely I just found that they looked cheap. Nothing I can write out, but when I look at the finish and the edges of the spokes, it just says "dodgy chinese knock-off" wheel.

I have noticed that they are different from the Work ones, as the studs that go around the edge stop on every spoke on the knockoffs. I'll try and see both in person before I make any decision. $4500 vs $1900 (or lower) is a big difference though.

I don't really know what offsets my car needs, but the JZX110 was listed as needing this from the Work website. I'd assume the 100 is the same:

Model Holes and PCD Front Wheel Tyres Rear Wheel Tyres

JZX110 5H-114.3 19×8.0JJ+38 225/35 19×9.0JJ+45 245/35

The fronts wouldn't be deep dish, but the backs would be apparently.

do you think these wheels would fit on an r33 skyline with the 9.5 rears....ive seen them fitted before but not too sure about weather the rear wheel will stick out (hence cant lower the car) as i only saw it in pictures and the car was standard height.