Painting Your Brake Calipers

paulr33

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, i got the VHT stuff, only cuz i spent about a week trying to track down a supplier of duplicolour metalcast (only to walk into a local supercheap to find out they had it after i already brought the vht stuff)

http://www.vhtpaint.com/anodized.html

the blue anodized + the silver under coat

got mine from autobarn caboolture

Hey, got my R33 GTS afew days ago, doing all little mods to it to make it look good in my eyes. Really wanting to do this DIY but the calipers are much different, guessing because its a GTS

post-63710-1255260221_thumb.jpg

Spraying these wouldn't look so good imo. Would it be practical to upgrade the calipers both for performance upgrade and for looks? + anyone know what rims they are?

Hey, got my R33 GTS afew days ago, doing all little mods to it to make it look good in my eyes. Really wanting to do this DIY but the calipers are much different, guessing because its a GTS

post-63710-1255260221_thumb.jpg

Spraying these wouldn't look so good imo. Would it be practical to upgrade the calipers both for performance upgrade and for looks? + anyone know what rims they are?

• 2 weeks later...

Silly me, After making my initial post Donkeys ago, I forgot to show off the finished Project, Btw thanks again paul for a great Tutorial. worked a treat, also gave me a chance to fix up some other things i found wrong. I went with the Metal Cast Blue cause it is just awsome. Also I used Vaseline on the Nissan logo, before the paint, then just scraped the paint off with a Razor blade after painting.

mybrakeupgrade.jpg

• 5 months later...

good thread!

i'll be doing mine in 'dupicolor metalcast red' as most agree that this is the best paint for the job.

i will also give it a base coat silver to help bring out the red BUT im not sure if i get the top clear coat...is this needed?

lastly, will this paint ever crack/peel if i track the car?

i didnt bother with the top coat, the finish of the anodized paint was enough for me

as for the cracking/peeling on the track - not sure on that, they say its rated up at 500 F (approx 260 C) intermittently, so how hot do your brakes get???

i didnt bother with the top coat, the finish of the anodized paint was enough for me

as for the cracking/peeling on the track - not sure on that, they say its rated up at 500 F (approx 260 C) intermittently, so how hot do your brakes get???