SAU Community

Are My Turbs Standard?

i dunno, it's just a dyno figure. you are better off looking at the turbos to find out what they are. the dyno can read anything you want. what TS does it run? I reckon stock. my 32 makes 253rwkw with standard dumps, front pipes and standard IC.

yep thats about right tho richard.

stock gtrs make aprox 220kw (at 4) so rears will be a bit higher.

Ive seen a few gtrs with n1s make around teh 250 kw mark 4 wheels

both on 1 bar

but yeh for sure best bet is to have a look!

mick

yep thats about right tho richard.

stock gtrs make aprox 220kw (at 4) so rears will be a bit higher.

no they don't, I was sure they made 205kw (276hp)

My GTR has a few mods and makes.......see sig, which is 218kw

I would be very weary of that high end power 'wiggle', that doesn't look good. My dyno sheet is very smooth compared to that :)

Stock GTR's making 220awkw?

Define stock Michael

sorry i was reffering to stock turbo's

full exhaust, pods and 1 bar plenty of gtrs make 220kw at 4 wheels

and plenty with same mods and n1s make approx 250kw at 4.

but yeh rich, i know of a gtr up here with n1s making 340kw atw also.

but more boost. hehehe

mick

This has got me wondering now, what sort of power I can expect from mine. If you are running standard R32 GTR turbos, then my R34 GTR turbos should handle more power right?! I want to get my PFC + cam gears done in a few months and was hoping for around 350hp....

What boost is yours set at RRR?, looks to be around 16-17PSI from the sheet!?

Interesting graph.

What was the weather like the day it was dynoed?

According to the figures, the ambient temp in the workshop was 42 degress celsius.

But when the inlet temp sensor was placed in the engine bay it dropped to 34 degress celsius.

no they don't, I was sure they made 205kw (276hp)

My GTR has a few mods and makes.......see sig, which is 218kw

I would be very weary of that high end power 'wiggle', that doesn't look good. My dyno sheet is very smooth compared to that  :D

so what's wrong with the power wiggle???? just looks to me as tho they were trying to squeeze more hp.

Interesting graph.

What was the weather like the day it was dynoed?

According to the figures, the ambient temp in the workshop was 42 degress celsius.

But when the inlet temp sensor was placed in the engine bay it dropped to 34 degress celsius.

the weather was f**king hot as! was done on tuesday lunchtime.

Thats what ive always wondered

How can the inlet temp be lower than the ambient temp ?

What the dyno dynamics does, is compensate for the difference, and ramp the power figure differently :D

It is really hard to tell whether they are stock turbos or not, or whether its just a happy dyno. most guys here have made 250rwkw + on stock turbos at 1 bar. Whether or not thats just a happy dyno putting out more, i dunno?

Either way, get them checked out. they wont last terribly long at 1 bar ..... maybe

Thats what ive always wondered

How can the inlet temp be lower than the ambient temp ?

What the dyno dynamics does, is compensate for the difference, and ramp the power figure differently :D

It is really hard to tell whether they are stock turbos or not, or whether its just a happy dyno. most guys here have made 250rwkw + on stock turbos at 1 bar. Whether or not thats just a happy dyno putting out more, i dunno?

Either way, get them checked out. they wont last terribly long at 1 bar ..... maybe

i know plenty of people who run their gtr turbs at a bar all day long. i hav the boost turned down most of the time as well, not sure y they wouldnt last long???