Sau Nsw Brake Caliper Day...

satanic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah dang, no gold... i think red wouldnt go too well with gold rims.. hmmz. ill bring stands (and the jack if i can sneek that out too, lol) and some masking tape if i can find some. ill help ya guys out if need be, but i wont do mine if we cant find gold :P

hey all,

sounds like an interesting event :P

just a few stupid questions. Are the paints spray paint based or brush on?

Do u need a special gloss type coating to apply after?

Last question does anyone know how hard or easy it will be to get a nice result, ie from exp?

tnx :(

This is what I've been told you need (things you apply)

1) Brake Cleaner

2) Hi Temp Caliper Paint

3) Hi Temp Laquer

That will give it the glossed/anodized look you are after and will make it last a long time.

As for all the other stuff, it's pretty obvious: sandpaper, newspaper, masking tape, bla blah blah

Paints and Laquer are in a can, so spray. I don't think it'd work too well with a brush unless you were an artist to begin with :P

Sounds like a good time will be had by all but I don't recommend VHT at all after using it a couple of different applications, both baked on and left to dry normally. Even using clear coat it ended up looking crap.

try the Holts though featured here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...ST&f=57&t=73794 and here http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...pic=87855&st=80

Anyone REALLY close to a shop?  I'll go red if possible, otherwise I'll just spectate and lend a helpin hand :D

Sorry d00dz

chatswood autobarn had red when i was there, it wasnt in its normal place the guy found them bottom left corner (i think) of shelf in back right corner ;) with other paints etc

OK we're still trying to get paint... if this turns to shit by midnight tonight (when all stores close I think) we'll cruise instead.

No point getting everyone out with all the equipment if only 1 person has paint ;) I'm p'eed off!