SAU Community

Hey Guys

slimjim

Hey everyone

Just thought I'd say hi, my names James and I just got my first Skyline, an R32 GT-R. Just got it off the truck from Sydney today!

It came over unregistered, so had to get an ID check at good ol' Regency, but seems it doesn't have a compliance plate so now it needs a full roadworthy inspection in mid-January! Spewin about that.

So its gonna be sitting in the driveway for about a month. The wait is gonna kill me!

;)

Hi there and welcome to the community, we are generally a nice bunch of people but if you are gonna ask a question please use the search button first as it has more than likely been asked and answered before.

So your car got any mods or anything?

Mate i know the pain of having the car waiting in the driveway for a month for regency, it sucks!

I brought my gtr over from Vic so if you've got any questions about regency feel free to send me a pm and i'll be happy to help out.

Hey thanks for the hearty welcomes :D

The car has a GREX oil cooler, and a 3" turbo back exhaust which I think is TOM'S branded, but only has the 'M's' embossed on the muffler. Not too sure.

Had a turbo timer but I ripped it out before going to Regency and managed to break it haha so will have to buy a new one!

Other than that its completely stock.

I've heard its illegal to modify an exhaust before the cat so I might have to look into changing it for Regency. My mate reckons the 'cat' might actually be a pre-silencer. So if theres no cat thats definitely no good eh. Really quiet exhaust and nice tone though!

how r ya mate, haha thats exactly the same thing that happened to me when i brought my 32gtr, but i brought it with 7-8months of rego on it tho. i havent been through just yet tho, slowly been trying to fix things so i can get through.

good luck and hope ya get through no dramas mate!!

sorry mate, didn't realise it was you James smile.gif - I will come over this weekend to have a look at your new beast - I can't wait to take it for a belt once it is on the road! biggrin.gif

Haha no worries. I just gave her her first wash. Came up alright... but one door is a different shade of grey! Dodgy...

Looks pretty clean! Couldnt have fallen off the back of the truck too hard!!........... lol.... Just messin.......Looks very clean indeed.

Do you want to swap for tidy R33gtst with GTr v spec rear diff, pfc, turbo back exhaust, fmic, boost controlelr, and phat rims?