SAU Community

My Car Vs C55 Amg 2005 Model

IvAn`

I in no way condone street racing, but I think you are showing your own idiocy with your comments. AS IF you haven't ever put your foot down at a set of lights!!! :(

Like someonestolec said, it may have been a private road blocked off!!! And if it wasn't....who really cares. It was a one off, controlled event!!!!

Take a look at yourself before you judge others. :huh:

lmfao, gotta love the support given to illegla street racing.

Your boss is an idiot and so are you. Please post up the video so that the police can see as we know they do look at these forums.

This thread should have been closed a long time ago.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I in no way condone street racing, but I think you are showing your own idiocy with your comments. AS IF you haven't ever put your foot down at a set of lights!!! :(

Like someonestolec said, it may have been a private road blocked off!!! And if it wasn't....who really cares. It was a one off, controlled event!!!!

Take a look at yourself before you judge others.  :huh:

haha so true.

I highly doubt that there are many "goodie goodies" out and about.

Besides it was in an industrial area...it's not like they raced in a built up area.

Who cares about the result? We all know its not how you race your car its how you stand by your car.......................... B)

Now printing fast and the furious t-shirts with all your favourite quotes on them! From "Smoke Em" to "more than you can afford pal.......Skyline!"

Back one year ago when my mates dad had his E55, he told me the '05 E55 held the current world record for 100-300km for a sedan(or might have been outright). Guess this was due to the 700nM of torque.

A stock E55 should run low 12's at about 105mph (170kph). If you beat him by 2 1/2 car lengths, you have a mighty fast GTR mate, well done.

Video please

PS. Give him another run, rolling from 60kph. Ive been in an E55 slide across two lanes in the dry when my mates mum floored it to overtake a car :)...this had non std stuff fitted though :spank:

in an ideal situation on a good track with a good driver the e55 could run low 12s, realistically mid to highish 12s... this time doesnt seem so unbeleivable, quick but not unrealistic for a gtr running 16lbs, exhaust and quite possibly some sort of management upgrade (as obviously no speed cut). 2.5 carlengths is not much at all maybe 0.2-0.3seconds at those speeds

Back one year ago when my mates dad had his E55, he told me the '05 E55 held the current world record for 100-300km for a sedan(or might have been outright). Guess this was due to the 700nM of torque.

A stock E55 should run low 12's at about 105mph (170kph). If you beat him by 2 1/2 car lengths, you have a mighty fast GTR mate, well done.

Video please

PS. Give him another run, rolling from 60kph. Ive been in an E55 slide across two lanes in the dry when my mates mum floored it to overtake a car :P...this had non std stuff fitted though :)

Mate, don't let this thread sway you.

You make sure you get yourself that Merc, but just make sure that you get plenty of mods to make sure that you can beat the Jap Crap peices of shit.

BTW, good on mum setting the prime example on how to overtake a slower vehicle.

El Bee

in an ideal situation on a good track with a good driver the e55 could run low 12s, realistically mid to highish 12s... this  time doesnt seem so unbeleivable, quick but not unrealistic for a gtr running 16lbs, exhaust and quite possibly some sort of management upgrade (as obviously no speed cut). 2.5 carlengths is not much at all maybe 0.2-0.3seconds at those speeds

Exactly.

Those times are taken in ideal conditions, everything is taken into account, temperature, humidity, the amount of petrol in the car, even the drivers are highly skilled midgets.

So when there's like 0.5 a second between cars out of the factory, a lot comes down to the driver and conditions, AlexCim.

E55 will do 12.5 1/4 mile @116 mph, his stockish 32 R will be about the same at the end of 1/4 mile with a lower mph but the in next 400 mts all he will be seen is the big mercs tailpipes ! It will take a GTR with bigger turbos to beat the merc to 800 mtrs .

elbee111, as good as the E55 was, it wasnt a "car" as i would say. It was a f**king quick family car, and thats it.

The fact that it had air suspension all around didnt help the car, and it truely was a "boat" (expensive albeit)

If i was going to get a Merc id shoot for the SL65 currently, but if i needed a family car, cant go past the E55/S55