SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

with Bens and mine we have an extra gasket due to the adapter plate. we spent heaps of time cleaning all the gasket and carbon ect off the things. they are very time consuming. i have also pulled the complete intake off a GTR in the car chasing a leak. that is not a fun job.

who flocked your dash in the end?

i was reading in HPI that you can buy cheap flocking kits off the net. no one does it in norther tas as some of the rally teams used to send there dashes to the mainland to be done.

just noticed you dont run a hydro. never felt the need?

i had a hydro in the car when i bought the shell... did 1 track day with it before i ripped it out.. im not a fan of the hydro interfering with the footbrake assy. due to the way i drive with lots of braking/handbrake at the same time i just dont like it on the same circuit. In my KE i had twein callipers on the rear with an duel separate circuits.. that works brilliantly. Will be doing the same on the s14 soon. But really the cable handbrake with good pads works faultlessly

as for the flocking kits.. i got a local mate to do it for me.. he used an Ebay kit.

i got the link out of HPI then i checked on ebay. there is a company in the UK that was the company listed in HPI and its easier and cheaper to buy off ebay.

nice progress on the wiring.

new stuff looks awse, does the haltech 1000 have map sensor? i want to rewire my car cant wait to start fresh with a haltech 1000 and race dash in the future & fresh wiring. im a bit overwhelemed to attempt it now with butchered harnesses.

Loving the build, mate.

I have an S14 I'm building up atm as well, and the dash is cracked in a few places. How well does flocking cover tthe cracks? Or is a whole new dash a better option? It will be a street car, so quality and looks are quite high on the agender for me.

my dash was cracked before.. now i cant even notice it... it seems to have covered it pretty well! pretty happy with the outcome but i highly doubt the flock material is going to stand the test of time.

RBish: yeah the haltech has a inbuilt mapsensor, you can run up to 22psi before needing an external map sensor. as for the rewire.. its not for the faint hearted haha, im actually writing an article for drift battle atm on this very topic.

manifold is underway... should be finished very soon. its a work of art and a Garage 7 speciality item. it features a laser cut collector, equal length runners, a flange that bolts to either RB20/25 and Rb26 bolt pattern along with some other tricks..should work well!

295474_10150639276873785_699148784_9373896_874215765_n.jpg

well found the cause of death and overheating on the old set up... i went to wire up the fuel pumps in the boot and thought i would prime the surge tank so it was full before i attempt to start it. manually powered up the lift pump in the tank with 12v direct from a battery and nothing happens... turns out its dead as it can be.. so last few events it has been running off the twin 044's alone and the suction from those pumps draws fuel into the surge. crazy, no wonder it melted pistons!