SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

neo head isnt bad but has shitty shim over bucket rather then rb26 shim under bucket. besides i'd need an adaptor for the ITB's.

does this really add much to the valve train weight? Or are there other issues with shim over bucket?

Not sure with RB engines, bu I understand some shim-over setups have bad from for spitting shims out when used at high rpm for extended periods and maybe if cam profile is altered from stock.

Some Neo engines run alloy buckets though - light weight = good.

anyway i should mention that my block is stripped right down... pushed the block on engine stand down the road from the workshop to the machinist... quite the sight really someone pushing an engine stand with block down the street... beats carrying it tho... lol some old woman abused me too. bitch!

block is getting a dip, clean, deck and hone, crank being linished and grub screwed. nothing too crazy!

have delt with two neo's lately that have spat shims out :( messy and written off heads is the result.

not going to run the risk...

Wow this is the first I have ever heard of it, interesting. Could you convert to under bucket from the 26 easily? Would be the ultimate head having VCT imo.

yeah im sure you could.. i havent measured RB26 shims but they visually look the same size as neo ones.. so possibly a case of just swapping them over. realistically i think the solution is stiffer springs.. Andrew from AM Performancewas one of the unlucky few that spat a shim out at mallala. car had done SAU nats at winton the week before with no issues. spat a shim at 7000 rpm and shim got wedged in the valve train. the bucket then thrashed out the alloy in the head and distroyed it :/

N1GTR: no idea what she said she wa sin a car turning at an intersection.. lol she just starts screaming some shit. engine is just a block. no oil trail lol. guess she couldnt handle the awesomeness of it all

i hope my engine doesn't spit the shim out on my head :\

what can we do to prevent this, just the stiffer springs like you've mentioned? stay off limiter? lol

Stay off limiter? :no:

N1GTR: no idea what she said she wa sin a car turning at an intersection.. lol she just starts screaming some shit. engine is just a block. no oil trail lol. guess she couldnt handle the awesomeness of it all

LOL

Seems the old lady gets excited by RB's. She's got taste, got to give her that much