SAU Community

Whiteline Nm35 Stagea Sway Bar Group Buy

Daleo

Looks nice Dale!

Whats the final day to get payment in for the group buy? Just had to shell out to the politician's retirement fund, so hoping I can wait until next Thursday?

Here are some pics of the Heavy Duty mounts for the Sway Bars; 5mm extruded 316 Stainless Steel; won't rust, bend or fracture.thumbsup.gif

post-61153-0-82860600-1301888445_thumb.jpg post-61153-0-25156200-1301888484_thumb.jpg post-61153-0-32777900-1301888528_thumb.jpg

Or you could just use these...whistling.gif

post-61153-0-88487600-1301888745_thumb.jpg

ill be installing mine this week. they look fantastic!

I thought I had better check the sway bars on my ARX before giving these uprated ones further thought. Haven't found the handling the sort of rolly boat others describe and wondered if they might not be standard.

The back one is 24mm and the front 29mm (measured with rule but should be pretty close - checked with rule in front and behind the bar). Both have just the one hole each end. Does the ARX have a bigger rear sway bar standard? I had read it is only 18mm standard. The 29mm front would match the standard size.

How could you tell if the front is a stock hollow? Tap on it? Seams visible? Cut in half with hack saw? Other?

I thought I had better check the sway bars on my ARX before giving these uprated ones further thought. Haven't found the handling the sort of rolly boat others describe and wondered if they might not be standard.

The back one is 24mm and the front 29mm (measured with rule but should be pretty close - checked with rule in front and behind the bar). Both have just the one hole each end. Does the ARX have a bigger rear sway bar standard? I had read it is only 18mm standard. The 29mm front would match the standard size.

How could you tell if the front is a stock hollow? Tap on it? Seams visible? Cut in half with hack saw? Other?

They sound like the stock ones. From memory stock front is 30mm and rear is 24mm BUT they are hollow. So taping them nay give you the indication.

The GB ones are 32mm front and 27mm rear and both are solid so it is something like 70% stiffer than the factory ones.

They sound like the stock ones. From memory stock front is 30mm and rear is 24mm BUT they are hollow. So taping them nay give you the indication.

The GB ones are 32mm front and 27mm rear and both are solid so it is something like 70% stiffer than the factory ones.

Thanks. Will give tapping a try tomorrow.

Did more searching with some success for a change and found posts from 2008 where Sydneykid wrote yours was 18mm rear hollow and he replaced it with 24mm solid?

Anyone else checked what is on their ARX?

Its not as easy as tapping, but there is a massive weight difference. just another way...

Find some corners and pitch it in - you'll find the barge handling in there somewhere :laugh:

Stock bars are; front, hollow;30mm. Rear, hollow; 18mm

Whiteline Group Buy are Front, solid 32mm Blade adjustable. Rear, solid; 20mm Blade adjustable.

Did more searching with some success for a change and found posts from 2008 where Sydneykid wrote yours was 18mm rear hollow and he replaced it with 24mm solid?

Correct. I used the same dimensions as the original Sydneykid bars (as fitted to Andy's, and others) 30mm solid front, & 24mm solid rear for my first Group Buy through Signature.

I have no reason to believe the AR-X has different OEM bars to any other NM35, and the part numbers back this up.

Thanks - Seem to have established my rear bar at 24mm is not stock. The front one has exactly the same finish so it might not be as well. Will have a better look for some sort of labelling.

is never been on the option list that anyone has seen. i rekon you have stock ones. possibly you have aftermarket springs and you dont have as much body rool

Looks like the memory is starting to fail me.... lol

Just a thought... If anyone would post a DIY step-by-step on how to install the Whiteline goodies with as many photos as possible for us noobs, would be real nice of you "gurus"... ;)

Most things like this sort of DIY already exist on the forum.. You just need to search..

Most things like this sort of DIY already exist on the forum.. You just need to search..

I will do some research but with the V35 is the sway bar going to be as noticeable as you guys in the Stageas? I already have BC Racing BR coilovers and a front Strut bar on the way (wonder if i should send it back and get sway bar instead) ? Any thoughts? I take my car mountain runs often and will be going to track

I will do some research but with the V35 is the sway bar going to be as noticeable as you guys in the Stageas? I already have BC Racing BR coilovers and a front Strut bar on the way (wonder if i should send it back and get sway bar instead) ? Any thoughts? I take my car mountain runs often and will be going to track

For dollars spent, I believe Sway Bars to be the most beneficial suspension modification you can make to any car.

I'm also running a set of BC's and they made a huge difference, but the Sway Bars are just the icing on the cake.:thumbsup: I'd hang on to the strut brace if I was you.

The V35 should be compatible with the 350Z bars Whiteline already make. If there is demand from the V series guys, I'll run a separate group buy, but so far there hasn't been an overwhelming response to the offer I've already made.

Cheers, Dale.

For dollars spent, I believe Sway Bars to be the most beneficial suspension modification you can make to any car.

I'm also running a set of BC's and they made a huge difference, but the Sway Bars are just the icing on the cake.:thumbsup: I'd hang on to the strut brace if I was you.

The V35 should be compatible with the 350Z bars Whiteline already make. If there is demand from the V series guys, I'll run a separate group buy, but so far there hasn't been an overwhelming response to the offer I've already made.

Cheers, Dale.

You have listed quite a few different parts, which ones do you need for front and back and do you need both?

You think its worth keeping the front strut bar and finally can you just add a V35 sway bar to your order :)

Ok guys, we're in the final week of the Group Buy and there are still four spots left :whistling:

There was huge interest in the lead up to this Group Buy and people had been nagging me for months. I'd really like to get it up to the 10.

Anyone who wishes to get on board; I welcome your participation, this is how we demonstrate to Whiteline that our vehicle is worth supporting. There's no point whining about the lask of aftermarket support, then waiting for everyone else to buy in first. We have a proven product; from an Australian company, what more can you ask for?

Be a pioneer; have something all the other Stagea drivers wish they had.

To be honest; if we don't fill this group buy, I'm very sad to say, I don't believe I'll be going to the effort of organising another one.

Thanks again to the guys who got on board and supported this venture, I really appreciate it. You've been a dream to deal with.

Cheers, Dale.

I guess that's the hard thing about organising a GB...you get all these people saying "yeah I want it" but when its time to pony up hardly anyone responds...

I'm looking at doing a Goodridge braided brake lines GB pending results from KV1...but think I can't be bothered dealing with the drama...

Also sucks that it makes you look lame in front of Whiteline as you've done a great deal in pushing them to get a product made for our car and now we can't even get 10 people to buy it! :unsure: