SAU Community

My New Audio Set Up

AMS

Hey Guys,

Currently in mr Stag I have a full Pioneer system.

- Carosseria Headunit

- 12 Disc Pioneer Stacker

- Kevlar Splits

- 260w Coaxials

- 1000w Pioneer Sub

- 800w monoblock amp

Now I have since aquired a sponsor. Blaupunkt. Now I have never actaully heard any of their systems. Anyone got a Blaupunkt System?

Anywho, this is the new plan.

- 2x Velocity VC650 6.5" Splits 120w RMS (Front and Rear)

- Velocity VX652 6.5" Co-axials 120w RMS (Mounted on back Pillars)

- 3x VW 1200 12" 1200w Sub (Mounted 2 facing out, 1 facing in)

- In Dash DVD player touch screen

- 2x 6.5" Headrest Monitors

- 3x Velocity Monoblock 1x400w amps

- 1x Velocity 4 channel 4x100w amp (For the splits)

hmmm....yeah thats about it. What are your thoughts?

Blaupunkt are pretty good. They will rival most other brands out there at the moment. I would especially take it if they are a sponser and that stuff is cheap / free...

One thing tho... I wouldn't use a 400W amp on a 1200W sub... You are always best to have more power than needed when powering a sub. Otherwise you will find that the amp will either go into protect mode (when up loud) or the amp will start to distort before the sub does and will try to make the sub reproduce its lovely distored sounds and cause damage to the sub.

- Crimpage

Take a look at the true RMS figures on the sub (if they will tell you) I wouldnt be surprised if that was 1200w in good conditions for 3.5 sec. I would imagine you will be tunig the system to play below the point of distortion anyhow :O Anyhow, all this gear should sound pretty smegging good, id' love to see some photos when she's done.

Well because you will find when you go for sponsorships 9/10 times you will get a Quasi sponsorship. Heavily discounted. I am not at liberty to say how much though... Contract :( But yeah, I'm currently in negociations for a full sponsorship. They just dont hand them out to anyone though.

If you want a sponsorship, have a talk to some companies. Pitch some ideas, sell yourself :)

Take a look at my car. Its Different. Also, I am going to any car shows possible :( All up, I have 11 sponsorships :) Just havnt taken advantage of them yet

• 3 weeks later...

nope, seen quite a few blaupunkt head units though, quite good... different and unique...

the information on the sub on their website says that the 380 sub (1000watt rms) has a frequency response of 25 - 1000hz, but like every other place, they dont state a price, they also dont say shit about it being either a dual magnet, dual voice coil, the strength of the magnet etc...

normally that isnt stated for a reason, so i can only assume that it is a single magnet single coil, meaning, if it is powered correctly, it will burn out the coil pretty fast...

due to lack of info, and better options out there, i wouldnt pay more then 300 for one of those, even then, i know better subs to buy...

and as for your contract, ANYONE and EVERYONE can and should get discounts on electronics... never buy the sticker price, they are rediculously priced... if they say they cant give a discount (and its not on special) ask what you have to do to get one, if they say they really cant, f**k em...

Blaupunkt are ok, they are usually more associated with head units though, but have a nice range of stuff. Its not high end, but better than some.

I can't believe they only have a 400WRMS amp (I gather its a mono amp). Thought they would have had a more powerful version, especially if they are quoting 1000WRMS for some of their subs.

The 12" VW subs that are 1200watts are probably only 400WRMS.

You won't 'burn out' a coil.... If you overpower the sub then your a good chance at it. It doesn't matter how many coils there are.

Stick with the power recommendations from the manufacturer, keep your amp gains adjusted appropriately to prevent clipping and they will work for a loooonng time.

Fixxxer

Blaupunkt are ok, they are usually more associated with head units though, but have a nice range of stuff.  Its not high end, but better than some.

I can't believe they only have a 400WRMS amp (I gather its a mono amp).  Thought they would have had a more powerful version, especially if they are quoting 1000WRMS for some of their subs.

The 12" VW subs that are 1200watts are probably only 400WRMS.

You won't 'burn out' a coil.... If you overpower the sub then your a good chance at it.  It doesn't matter how many coils there are.

Stick with the power recommendations from the manufacturer, keep your amp gains adjusted appropriately to prevent clipping and they will work for a loooonng time.

Fixxxer

Thanks for your help champ. The VW subs are 1200w rms each :huh:

C'Mon People. Someone must of heard or own a Blaupunkt sub

what would you like to know about the brand.( I sell the complete line.) also did you chat with the dealer or the manufacturer?

the screen you mention hasn't been released yet. I'm waiting on one currently.