SAU Community

After Compliance

Novice

Hey guys,

I've currently imported a car from Japan through a broker

and its at the stage of compliance currently, I've been told it'll be

around 1-2 weeks.

So after the car has been complianced what will I need to do to get it registered and insured? ( Not too familiar with these process )

So if someone can list the the stuffs that need to be done to get it registered It'll be nice :P

Also, the thing is that my broker done most of the paper work for me,

so it there any imports paperwork, that I will need to collect off him that will be useful to me when I try sell the car or for other things?

Thanks. :D

as far as i know you'll get any papers you need off the compliance workshop when you pick your car up...

then you'll need to organise a road worthy, if you're in vic that is...not sure what its called in other states...(blue slip in NSW?)

then you'll need to make an appointment with vic roads (RTA in NSW?) so they can inspect the car (check the vin and engine numbers etc) and register it , unless of course your compliancer is organising RWC for you, then all you need to do is get it registered

Hey guys,

I've currently imported a car from Japan through a broker

and its at the stage of compliance currently, I've been told it'll be

around 1-2 weeks.

So after the car has been complianced what will I need to do to get it registered and insured? ( Not too familiar with these process )

So if someone can list the the stuffs that need to be done to get it registered It'll be nice :P

Also, the thing is that my broker done most of the paper work for me,

so it there any imports paperwork, that I will need to collect off him that will be useful to me when I try sell the car or for other things?

Thanks.  :D

After compliance:

You need to a roadworthy check, if your compliancer hasn't already given you one.

That's about the only standard thing you need to do across all the states, what state are you in? It might be better to ask you local road transport authority.

Docs you need for reg (in VIC for example):

Engineers cert for compliance

Import approval

Purchase invoice

Roadworthy

The compliance workshop organised everything for me, gave me his trade plates and I drove my car to the nearest Transport Dept. with all the necessary paperwork and got it registered. Then returned the trade plate and drove my car home wearing the biggest smile ever :P

Im in NSW, does this mean I actually have to bring to car to a RTA, or just give them paperwork?

And If you need to bring it to a local RTA, is it possible to organise temporary insurance aswell? It'll be bad if you have a accident on the way to get it registered lol..

Thanks

well this is how it is in vic, id say it would be SIMILAR in nsw

ill be picking mine up from compliance within a week or so. the workshop is 40-hour away from me....

I organise temp reg (unregistered vehicle permit) through vic roads....you pay for it and choose how many days you want it for...up to 28 days. this allows you to drive it to and from workshops strictly for RWC (blueslip for you?) etc....not just drive it around for fun ....

Just cars will insure me with temp reg because legally the car is allowed on the road...albeit limited. JCI dont offer temp insurance, so i have to buy my policy straight up, which isnt a big deal because i was going with them once its registered anyway.

so you get yourself a rwc (blueslip) then you take that and the other paperwork, you make an appointment with vic roads (RTA) tell them its first time being registered...they know what you're talking about....you take the car, they'll check the vin/engine numbers etc...take your RWC with you, then give them money and they'll give u license plates :)

If they give you a blue slip all you need to do is take the parerwork to your local RTA with a green slip ( ctp ) and they will tell you if you need an RTA numbers check .With most skylines they will tell you you need a numbers check and they will give you an appointment but there is only 2-3 RTA's that do it in Sydney , I know there is one in Silverwater and one in Penrith .

If they cant give an appointment within a week then they will issue you with a interim rego until they do the check .

well this is how it is in vic, id say it would be SIMILAR in nsw

ill be picking mine up from compliance within a week or so. the workshop is 40-hour away from me....

I organise temp reg (unregistered vehicle permit) through vic roads....you pay for it and choose how many days you want it for...up to 28 days. this allows you to drive it to and from workshops strictly for RWC (blueslip for you?) etc....not just drive it around for fun ....

Just cars will insure me with temp reg because legally the car is allowed on the road...albeit limited. JCI dont offer temp insurance, so i have to buy my policy straight up, which isnt a big deal because i was going with them once its registered anyway.

so you get yourself a rwc (blueslip) then you take that and the other paperwork, you make an appointment with vic roads (RTA) tell them its first time being registered...they know what you're talking about....you take the car, they'll check the vin/engine numbers etc...take your RWC with you, then give them money and they'll give u license plates :P

Dezz, is your compliance workshop in QLD?? 40 hours is pretty far. Can i ask how much do you have to pay for the temp rego?

dezz, let me know when you're gonna go pick up the car and I might be able to swing around with a trade plate n save you the cost of temp reg. If its gonna be a single trip to vicroads.

The compliance workshop is 40 mins to an hour away from him :P not 40 hours, which is how I read it as well.

dezz, let me know when you're gonna go pick up the car and I might be able to swing around with a trade plate n save you the cost of temp reg. If its gonna be a single trip to vicroads.

The compliance workshop is 40 mins to an hour away from him :) not 40 hours, which is how I read it as well.

thanks for the offer shan , but ive actually got my temp reg sitting on my desk. lets hope UPI get their act together and get me my car, before this thing is ready to expire before i even use it.

it ends feb 1st, so if i get the car next week, ill get RWC ASAP and then straight to vic roads.

serves me right for trusting them when they said the 20th (friday) or monday 23rd...