SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2006

Marlin

bloody targa suck at updating their website :P

There's still 8 GTRs competing this year which is a pretty good turnout considering 6 crashed out on the last day last year, and Mark and my cars in the garage with no motor :(

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bloody targa suck at updating their website :P

There's still 8 GTRs competing this year which is a pretty good turnout considering 6 crashed out on the last day last year, and Mark and my cars in the garage with no motor :(

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXX

I caught up with the Kimber Ocane entry, they understeered off about two k's from the end of Sheffield. "end of esses before you head across the flat to bridge"

We had some of the parts chased down and the boys at West Side panels were keen, but when I left the panel shop at about 1830, Steve and the JJ boys had indicateded the work required - pretty sure it will be a no go

Get on Glenney - he still has the Nissan heritage and where I watched from on Devonport he was easily the quickest.

TT

From Octagon, i have the entry list here. There are 7 N1's, one 1994 GTS, one R32 GTS-T and one V-Spec R33

So there sure are some skylines down there

Still, it would be better with Duncans yellow rocket :P

Still, it would be better with Duncans yellow rocket :worship:

i'd say airoplane after the flying at ross.

I went out to Longford for a look after work today. You could hear the whites lambo through the whole stage backfiring.

Modern

1 Richards 0.08

2 Glenney 0.08

3 White 0.22

4 Rooklyn 0.23

5 Herridge 0.34

6 Quinn 0.34

7 Brock 0.35

Edited by sav man

Interesting to see Herridge right up there, I was interested / concerned to see how a full manufacturer back rally team would affect the event, we know a dubbya rx can be competitive after Sullen's effort year before last....

I meant banned in the past, they didn't let WRX's and EVO's in until a few years ago (2003 i think)

The black lambo cought fire today, and is out of the event. It was on the road stage just after lunch, and lucky for him his crew was following him to put the fire out.

1. 919 Jim Richards VIC - Barry Oliver TAS 2003 Porsche 911 GT2 CS

2. 988 Steve Glenney SA - Bernie Webb ACT 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti 00.15

3. 972 Ray Vandersee QLD - Jahmeil Taylor SA 2004 Skelta G-Force 00.56

4. 978 Dean Herridge WA - Bill Hayes WA 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Spec C 01.03

5. 974 Peter Brock Vic - Mick Hone Vic 2001 Daytona Coupe 01.19

I was reading the new proposed CAMS Tarmac Rally regs, and in the M2 class (the GT-R was listed in that), it said that boost was unrestrickted. Am I right in understanding that you could just wind to boost up to the injector/engine max? or is there a catch?

Yep....but....

It depends on what the rest of the regs allow as well....no point running high boost on the standard head gasket, injectors, fuel pump and AFMs :) Unless you can afford to swap the engine with the one from your road going n1 overnight....

But I thought the vspec was in M1 which is pretty much the same as the standard regs (ie very little modification), in fact from memory I thought it needed standard ecu as well. but i could be talking shit i haven't seen them for a few months.

My parent good friends actully my boss LOl won targe i think 3 years ago, In a subie WRX beet all the big names like JIM Richards beet all those porche 911's :) and yeah he's just a privateer NSW rallier :(

He didn't even receive big sponsership after it :P i think he won 3 years ago or 2 no 2 i think.

Any way he sold his winning car to Jim Richards who apparently bought it for his son.

Though i would put my 2cents in as ive never posted in the motor sport section ;)

He was also telling me last week about new regulations regarding the GTR and is considering getting a done up R32 GTR just for his targa rutern he said he's waiting on the rules that if you coudl run factory NISMO gtr's with big frontmounts or w/e performance extra upgrades they get.

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/ima...ga_(Small)a.jpg

Thats the guy!

Tony Sullens

I told him if he's in the market for a GTR to look on this website.

IF ANYBODY KNOW'S OF SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A driver he's ya man ;) he just couldnt' afford being aprivater to freight his car pit crew and team over :devil: so hasnt' been the last 2 years since winning.

He's looking for someone who wants him to drive otherwise he will just do NSW rally.

PM me if anyones interested, i can put you in touch with him

Michael

Edited by Michael_1882

Yep....but....

It depends on what the rest of the regs allow as well....no point running high boost on the standard head gasket, injectors, fuel pump and AFMs :D Unless you can afford to swap the engine with the one from your road going n1 overnight....

But I thought the vspec was in M1 which is pretty much the same as the standard regs (ie very little modification), in fact from memory I thought it needed standard ecu as well. but i could be talking shit i haven't seen them for a few months.

I meant higher boost than normal, but still within the engines limits.

I think this is the latest release of the regs. http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/articles/...ions%202006.pdf

it only list's the R32, R33, and R34 under M2, I didn't see anything about N1 or V-Spec. The Blue R34 V-Spec II N1 is entered this Targa under the M2 regs (or so the book says).

I think this is the latest release of the regs. http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/articles/...ions%202006.pdf

don't octagon have their own tech regs - nothing to do with CAMS? They certainly used to. And I remember a year or two ago they (octagon) made the regs consistent for Targa Tas and Classic Adelaide, with the exception that turbo awd's are not allowed in Classic Adelaide and the obvious age restrictions...

I think these new CAMS regs are basically to bring Rally Tasmania, a traditional lead-up event for Targa, more into line with Octagon's regs.

No, the CAMS regs will take control as of Jan 1st 2008. It will bring all tarmac rally into line. 2006 and 2007 will honor both regs, to try and phase them in. It says it somewhere on the Targa site.

Ill be there again for my 4th year at targa...

This year im hoping to drive... But we will see...

Last year our team came 32nd out right.

1979 - 2002 (2002 is the model for those who dont know old bmw's) BMW 2litre

Just saw on the Targa site that Peter Brock (who said he had retired and would never race Targa again) has entered Targa in a Daytona Coupe (very nice peice of kit)

http://www.targa.org.au/Targa/images/misc/..._Coupe_2006.JPG

Very nice indeed. Any idea who makes it? I did a Google search and came with a website that suggests another 'Peter Brock' was responsible for the design of the Cobra Daytona. Some coincidence. http://www.secondstrike.com/Coupe/Brock.htm