SAU Community

Hicas The End Is Near I Feel!

nsta

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys there seems a bit of interest so I'll start discussions with the machinist and see if I can get another run done. I'll post up details on timings expected.

Geoff

Sweeeet,

That is good news mate, put me down for one.

I reciently hit a huge bump in the middle of the road and now it seems like my car is steering from the back. I think maybe its a toe in/out issue but it looks like I am going to need a wheel alignment in the back. Anyway I dont want to do this until I have the hicas replacment bar fitted...

would the steering from the back be a toe / camber issue after hitting a big bump with both rear wheels?

Sweeeet,

That is good news mate, put me down for one.

I reciently hit a huge bump in the middle of the road and now it seems like my car is steering from the back. I think maybe its a toe in/out issue but it looks like I am going to need a wheel alignment in the back. Anyway I dont want to do this until I have the hicas replacment bar fitted...

would the steering from the back be a toe / camber issue after hitting a big bump with both rear wheels?

Sure sounds like a toe issue, or the rod ends could be buggered. Just got a set for the front of the auto as one is clunking. Get under and look for anything bent or with flaking areas.

im about to have mine removed by my tuner. v good price too considering custom machining of lock bars etc.

does anyone advocated for hicas in racing conditions... track days etc.!!!

i dont wana remove it for no reason my car has everything done to the suspension but this as it is setup for circuit avs suspension said it has had the most work done that he has seen on a street car. ? why has hicas been left??

• 1 month later...

GTRgeoff

You know I want one of those lock bars for my 33 aswell, so put me down on that little list you got going :P

Hope you can get something going again, I'd much rather throw some coin your way than go with the Tomei kit!!!

Come on lads, more interest hahah